Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have more compassion for the unvaxxed who are dying than I thought I would.  It's not just white Trumpers who aren't getting vaccinated either.  At least Native Americans have a good rate of vaccination. https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210520/racial-disparities-persist-in-vaccinations-cdc-data-shows *

Some people have suggested community leaders should go door to door. I agree with that and after we give people that chance we should donate more of our stockpiled vaccines to developing nations that need them. More people will come around when the numbers become even more undeniable, but we shouldn't let vaccines go to waste in the mean time.

* The study I linked is about two months old so maybe we are making more progress, but still the trends don't look good to me.

• Members

Sadly, I think they liked his open whit supremacist tendencies. It might not be the only thing, but it's a big part of it. Plus the tendency of a portion of the population to respond to authoritarianism. The kicker is that he was vaccinated pretty early on.

I'm more worried about the reasons other groups aren't getting vaxxed. If it's a matter of accessibility maybe going door to door will help in some cases.