Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

We live in a rural area and even though we got vaccinated very early on, the choice of vaccines was made for us because most smaller venues do not have the ability to keep Pfizer at the extreme low temperatures it requires.  My 17 year old grand daughter got her first Pfizer yesterday.  They live in a much more populated area and at 16 or 17, the only vaccine approved for those ages is Pfizer.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Got my first Moderna on Friday AM and am only just now beginning to feel like I haven't been hit by a bus. I was fine til that evening and then I was just sore, rundown and possibly mildly feverish til around now early Sunday, when I am beginning to feel slightly better. Worth it though.

• Members

The man in Mississippi who had a stroke from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine also had a stressful job and SEVEN kids.   I was inclined to think his stroke might be more attributable to the 7 kids than to the vaccine.   But that ended the J&J shots in Mississippi.  

• Members

Hahahahaha!!! You did not!!!

Good to hear you are well, Vee.

Looks like I'll be forced to work partially for Shot 2 Day. Those will be cameo appearances and no lie...sick or not I will be a bitch. Moreso since a day delay is better than what the actual post office is doing with people's mail currently in our area (though it has thankfully started to go back to notice post-He Who Shall Not Be Named).

• Members

I received my first Pfizer shot on April 9. Unless previous vaccinations, I never even felt the needle enter my arm. Starting that Friday evening and ver the weekend, I had some mild side effects: headache, fatigue, muscle aches. But within a few hours of vaccination I had another side effect: distorted vision, which is apparently a rare side effect. For nearly a week after the poke, I had blurred vision. It was the worst last Monday when I literally had to hold my MacBook about 6 inches from my face so that I could read an email. At that point, I signed off from work, took some medical cannabis, and napped for hours. Thankfully, my vision is back to normal now.

I go back for poke #2 on April 30. I'm hoping for no or mild symptoms. After I scheduled the appointment, I remembered that's my bday weekend.

• Members

I prepared for side effects both of my Pfizer doses since I had Covid last May/June.

Dose #1 was done on 3.17.2021 (St Patricks Day, plus got my stimulus check)... 99.4 temp the next day, stiff arm, and slept 10 hours that night.. and felt better by the 19th.

Dose #2 was done on 4.7.2021 (Got my tax refund on that day LOL)..  99.4 temp the next day, no arm pain, but slept 8 hours... than within an hour after waking up (after having a cup of coffee) I fell asleep again and slept for another 6 hours.  Good as new by the 48 hour mark.

So I'm almost fully vaccinated... it's surreal.