GH: Actress Out?

• Members

As someone who has never really watched GH but seen clips here and there, I do not understand why they kept and keep Laura Wright in the role of Carly when Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun were both such gifted and powerhouse actresses. Both came back to GH in new roles when the role of Carly should've just been handed back to either of them.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed completely with you.

I really liked the Dev actor when we first met him (in March?) and was hopeful and even glad they brought him on. Stitt was TERRIBLE (but I think he became likeable as Oscar died, personally, that doesn't mean he became good) so I thought it'd be a good swap.

Nope.

But then again they aren't really writing well for Dev either. He's just propping Josslyn and weirdly desperate to please Sonny and get his attention (like how Cam and Trina do nothing but talk about Joss, or Franco, the two pets)

I like Braun and Watros. I can see why some don't. I don't think they are *amazing* but I think they play certain characters very well. Nina and Kim are not those characters. This is what happens, like we've seen for DECADES at this point, you can't just pick any actor or actress and shove them on a show with a new character. It doesn't work. Yet, so many wish Braun were Carly and loved her in the role. Watros was fabulous as Annie.

The propping for Nina is also atrocious. Everyone trips all over themselves to keep her happy and it's SO bizarre. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Where? DAYS again? LOL. The Stayla stans would die! But I always liked Tams as Ava. She plays a crazy bitch so much better than a wounded heroine/victim. (Would seem pointless though because Ava and Steve's son isn't even on the canvas anymore, talk about a waste of potential)

Edited by KMan101

• 3 weeks later...