As someone who has never really watched GH but seen clips here and there, I do not understand why they kept and keep Laura Wright in the role of Carly when Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun were both such gifted and powerhouse actresses. Both came back to GH in new roles when the role of Carly should've just been handed back to either of them.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, ranger1rg said:

I agree with all you said, KMan.  The Tamara Braun character NEVER worked and actually got WORSE as the months passed. It's all awful. And although I hate to be superficial, I never understood why TB's appearance was always so thin and waiflike, weak, stringy-haired, and no makeup. I don't think women on soaps need to be glammed up, but please. She always looks ill.

Watros isn't working either. I know she's done great work on other soaps, but this isn't that. Yeah, the writing is crap for a crap character, but she hasn't elevated the material at all. For all the criticism Stafford took in the role, she was better than Watros. Neither TB or CW gets a "gifted  actress" nod from me.

I fully agree that Stitt was terrible as Oscar, but tbh, this Dev actor isn't cutting it for me, either. In his first weeks, I thought he was interesting, but that's passed. He's just THERE and looks blank most of the time. I also think it's ridiculous that Sonny has invested SO much in this kid.

Agreed completely with you.

I really liked the Dev actor when we first met him (in March?) and was hopeful and even glad they brought him on. Stitt was TERRIBLE (but I think he became likeable as Oscar died, personally, that doesn't mean he became good) so I thought it'd be a good swap.

Nope.

But then again they aren't really writing well for Dev either. He's just propping Josslyn and weirdly desperate to please Sonny and get his attention (like how Cam and Trina do nothing but talk about Joss, or Franco, the two pets)

I like Braun and Watros. I can see why some don't. I don't think they are *amazing* but I think they play certain characters very well. Nina and Kim are not those characters. This is what happens, like we've seen for DECADES at this point, you can't just pick any actor or actress and shove them on a show with a new character. It doesn't work. Yet, so many wish Braun were Carly and loved her in the role. Watros was fabulous as Annie.

The propping for Nina is also atrocious. Everyone trips all over themselves to keep her happy and it's SO bizarre. 

Edited by KMan101

On 10/16/2019 at 1:56 AM, ranger1rg said:

Can’t believe no one has posted that according to Daytime Confidential, Tamara Braun is OUT as Kim.

if it’s true, good riddance. Terrible character, horribly written.

I saw on Soap Opera Central that she already has another job.

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else. I'm chilling champagne in anticipation though. Here's hoping she's the first of many useless characters to be hitting the road.

51 minutes ago, Donna B said:

I saw on Soap Opera Central that she already has another job.

Where? DAYS again? LOL. The Stayla stans would die! But I always liked Tams as Ava. She plays a crazy bitch so much better than a wounded heroine/victim. (Would seem pointless though because Ava and Steve's son isn't even on the canvas anymore, talk about a waste of potential)

Edited by KMan101

On 10/16/2019 at 9:19 PM, ranger1rg said:

And although I hate to be superficial, I never understood why TB's appearance was always so thin and waiflike, weak, stringy-haired, and no makeup. I don't think women on soaps need to be glammed up, but please. She always looks ill.

That's one of the things I like about TB. I think she looks great in a casual way. 

Edited by Sindacco

4 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Where? DAYS again? LOL. The Stayla stans would die! But I always liked Tams as Ava. She plays a crazy bitch so much better than a wounded heroine/victim. (Would seem pointless though because Ava and Steve's son isn't even on the canvas anymore, talk about a waste of potential)

No, it's a play. Did you see the link from xInDepth that I posted?

She also had a feature article (another link) on adopting a second rescue dog. SO CUTE!

Edited by Donna B
more

Not sure of the date but her departure is soon.  Someone said TB was at an event this past weekend and she was very chatty.