GH: Actress Out?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

All of this.

For me, nothing against Tamara Braun but this character was lousy and a waste from day one. Just like Nina. I love Watros but it's a No Go on Nina and has been since day one for her as well.

Is Frank besties with Howarth and Easton? Both characters are completely pointless. Howarth needs to go more than Easton but I'll take whoever at this point. And why the [!@#$%^&*] is deVry still around? It was so nice when we were *almost* free of Julian and Franco a few years ago.

THIS!

I'm beyond sick of the amount of mourning Oscar and Morgan get. No one else got nearly this amount. Jesus make it stop.

I've been catching up (not sure why) and I turned it on yesterday and saw Sonny at Morgan's grave and said "nope". And then pissy Josslyn stabbing a pumpkin ... no thanks. 

Dumping Easton, deVry and Howarth would save them a nice chunk of money. They should take Braun's salary and give it to Budig and sign her long term. I'm not even sure why they brought Budig back as she has been given next to nothing to do for months at this point ... but I'd take Budig over numerous others ....

I imagine Billy Miller's salary went towards Ingo so Jax could prop Nina.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

That's why I always called him Sleepy. Kid looked like he was gonna pass out in every scene he was in. Every time I looked at his face or heard his voice, I felt like falling asleep myself.

Dumping them would save the show in general

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Imagine having ZERO leverage during negotiations  and coming out on top?  Howarth literally brings nothing but a 20+ year old rabid fan base and Frank's boner to the table and gets what he wants in a new deal.  Seriously imagine being a below par actor with so much power (add Benard and Josh Morrow into this scenario as well).  It's sick and one of the reasons I would not bat an eyelash if all of the soaps were gone tomorrow.  

• Members

The Miller money is probably paying for the dayplayers last month (there were quite a few). Shiloh money is probably a raise for the pests I mean pets. Dangling Devry's low hanging fruit to be "leaving" with Kim was another bad joke.  As for Braun, she'll probably get committed to Ferncliff and back spreading doom, gloom and tears for Ass-car.

• Members

it was pretty obvious Kim wasn't catching on with fans and being written as a psycho in the making. I fully expect her to team up with Nelle and Kevin or something, gain a huge following in the process, and she will leave the show only to return in a few months time. lol

• Members

I agree with all you said, KMan.  The Tamara Braun character NEVER worked and actually got WORSE as the months passed. It's all awful. And although I hate to be superficial, I never understood why TB's appearance was always so thin and waiflike, weak, stringy-haired, and no makeup. I don't think women on soaps need to be glammed up, but please. She always looks ill.

Watros isn't working either. I know she's done great work on other soaps, but this isn't that. Yeah, the writing is crap for a crap character, but she hasn't elevated the material at all. For all the criticism Stafford took in the role, she was better than Watros. Neither TB or CW gets a "gifted  actress" nod from me.

I fully agree that Stitt was terrible as Oscar, but tbh, this Dev actor isn't cutting it for me, either. In his first weeks, I thought he was interesting, but that's passed. He's just THERE and looks blank most of the time. I also think it's ridiculous that Sonny has invested SO much in this kid.

• Members

Just awful short sighted writing.  Tie them to the Quartermaines, then start killing them off like they did to the actual real Q’s, and we have two years of wasted story and Monica has become a walking tragedy.

If they had just recast Oscar and refocused the whole thing would have had a reason.  Even with Drew gone a new, better Oscar could have helped Kim and Monica. Ugh!

When they actually killed him I knew Kim and Drew were done on this show.

• Members

If they knew that they would've recast him instead of letting him run for years. He was a teen lead! Stitt was cute, white and under 21, in Frank Valentini's world that's a ticket to the Starr and Cole Express! It didn't matter that he was the single worst actor I have ever seen on GH in over 25 years - they were going to push him at all costs. Awful.