ranger1rg

GH: Actress Out?

25 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I like Dev, and I think he does have better chemistry not just with Josslyn but with Cameron and Trina as well. Do you think Ashton Arbab might have worked as a recast Oscar?

As for RH, if him and TB were leaving together it would be like Christmas came early lol

I think anything was better than Stitt (think Charity Rahmer...anything was bound to be better).  I have not watched in months but Stitt was really bad.  You can't make a teen triangle with that low energy.  

2 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

I will NEVER feel bad that an unnecessary poorly written character has to go.  Frank has run out of characters he inherited to can so he has to now go after his own hires.  Had Sam chosen Drewpy, Kim would make sense.  As it stands, she never made sense and over stayed her welcome on day 2!  It's come down to money.  The ratings are headed into the negatives and it's time to get some dead weight off this sinking ship.  

The real shame is that Frank, Howarth, Easton and a few others are still employed!  

All of this.

For me, nothing against Tamara Braun but this character was lousy and a waste from day one. Just like Nina. I love Watros but it's a No Go on Nina and has been since day one for her as well.

Is Frank besties with Howarth and Easton? Both characters are completely pointless. Howarth needs to go more than Easton but I'll take whoever at this point. And why the [!@#$%^&*] is deVry still around? It was so nice when we were *almost* free of Julian and Franco a few years ago.

28 minutes ago, slick jones said:

Ass-car was horribly written and terribly acted. That rock needs to be pitched into the harbor with Kim and ToddFrankenDrew......

THIS!

I'm beyond sick of the amount of mourning Oscar and Morgan get. No one else got nearly this amount. Jesus make it stop.

I've been catching up (not sure why) and I turned it on yesterday and saw Sonny at Morgan's grave and said "nope". And then pissy Josslyn stabbing a pumpkin ... no thanks. 

Dumping Easton, deVry and Howarth would save them a nice chunk of money. They should take Braun's salary and give it to Budig and sign her long term. I'm not even sure why they brought Budig back as she has been given next to nothing to do for months at this point ... but I'd take Budig over numerous others ....

I imagine Billy Miller's salary went towards Ingo so Jax could prop Nina.

Edited by KMan101

1 hour ago, ChitHappens said:

I think anything was better than Stitt (think Charity Rahmer...anything was bound to be better).  I have not watched in months but Stitt was really bad.  You can't make a teen triangle with that low energy.  

That's why I always called him Sleepy. Kid looked like he was gonna pass out in every scene he was in. Every time I looked at his face or heard his voice, I felt like falling asleep myself.

7 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Dumping Easton, deVry and Howarth would save them a nice chunk of money.

Dumping them would save the show in general

Edited by AbcNbc247

4 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Is Frank besties with Howarth and Easton? Both characters are completely pointless. Howarth needs to go more than Easton but I'll take whoever at this point. And why the [!@#$%^&*] is deVry still around? It was so nice when we were *almost* free of Julian and Franco a few years ago.

Imagine having ZERO leverage during negotiations  and coming out on top?  Howarth literally brings nothing but a 20+ year old rabid fan base and Frank's boner to the table and gets what he wants in a new deal.  Seriously imagine being a below par actor with so much power (add Benard and Josh Morrow into this scenario as well).  It's sick and one of the reasons I would not bat an eyelash if all of the soaps were gone tomorrow.  

2 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Imagine having ZERO leverage during negotiations  and coming out on top?  Howarth literally brings nothing but a 20+ year old rabid fan base and Frank's boner to the table and gets what he wants in a new deal.  Seriously imagine being a below par actor with so much power (add Benard and Josh Morrow into this scenario as well).  It's sick and one of the reasons I would not bat an eyelash if all of the soaps were gone tomorrow.  

I'll never understand the bowing down to these actors executives and suits do. Ugh, whyyyyyy?

I feel like I'm living through Howarth as Paul Ryan again. MAKE IT STOP. Lord ...

The Miller money is probably paying for the dayplayers last month (there were quite a few). Shiloh money is probably a raise for the pests I mean pets. Dangling Devry's low hanging fruit to be "leaving" with Kim was another bad joke.  As for Braun, she'll probably get committed to Ferncliff and back spreading doom, gloom and tears for Ass-car.

it was pretty obvious Kim wasn't catching on with fans and being written as a psycho in the making. I fully expect her to team up with Nelle and Kevin or something, gain a huge following in the process, and she will leave the show only to return in a few months time. lol

2 hours ago, KMan101 said:

All of this.

For me, nothing against Tamara Braun but this character was lousy and a waste from day one. Just like Nina. I love Watros but it's a No Go on Nina and has been since day one for her as well.

THIS!

I'm beyond sick of the amount of mourning Oscar and Morgan get. No one else got nearly this amount. Jesus make it stop.

I've been catching up (not sure why) and I turned it on yesterday and saw Sonny at Morgan's grave and said "nope". And then pissy Josslyn stabbing a pumpkin ... no thanks. 

Dumping Easton, deVry and Howarth would save them a nice chunk of money. They should take Braun's salary and give it to Budig and sign her long term. I'm not even sure why they brought Budig back as she has been given next to nothing to do for months at this point ... but I'd take Budig over numerous others ....

I imagine Billy Miller's salary went towards Ingo so Jax could prop Nina.

I agree with all you said, KMan.  The Tamara Braun character NEVER worked and actually got WORSE as the months passed. It's all awful. And although I hate to be superficial, I never understood why TB's appearance was always so thin and waiflike, weak, stringy-haired, and no makeup. I don't think women on soaps need to be glammed up, but please. She always looks ill.

Watros isn't working either. I know she's done great work on other soaps, but this isn't that. Yeah, the writing is crap for a crap character, but she hasn't elevated the material at all. For all the criticism Stafford took in the role, she was better than Watros. Neither TB or CW gets a "gifted  actress" nod from me.

4 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

TIIC knew Stitt was not going to cut it in a leading teen role so they had to bring in this Dev person who's not as bad.  Kim simply never made sense so she needed to go but too bad Stanco is not going with her.  

I fully agree that Stitt was terrible as Oscar, but tbh, this Dev actor isn't cutting it for me, either. In his first weeks, I thought he was interesting, but that's passed. He's just THERE and looks blank most of the time. I also think it's ridiculous that Sonny has invested SO much in this kid.

Just awful short sighted writing.  Tie them to the Quartermaines, then start killing them off like they did to the actual real Q’s, and we have two years of wasted story and Monica has become a walking tragedy.

If they had just recast Oscar and refocused the whole thing would have had a reason.  Even with Drew gone a new, better Oscar could have helped Kim and Monica. Ugh!

When they actually killed him I knew Kim and Drew were done on this show.

10 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

TIIC knew Stitt was not going to cut it in a leading teen role so they had to bring in this Dev person who's not as bad.

If they knew that they would've recast him instead of letting him run for years. He was a teen lead! Stitt was cute, white and under 21, in Frank Valentini's world that's a ticket to the Starr and Cole Express! It didn't matter that he was the single worst actor I have ever seen on GH in over 25 years - they were going to push him at all costs. Awful.