DAYS: Possible upcoming "event" spoiler

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We've discussed this a month or so ago, and I'll say what I said then: A time jump is a great idea to reset a show, and worked well for AMC 2.0 on Hulu. The problem here is I don't feel DAYS has the writing talent to support it. Like, who cares about pairing Steve and Kayla with Kate and Justin? That's just a stunt. Make real changes - some of the others could work.

(Allegedly) killing off Adrienne bc Ron loves camp/Bonnie is an awful idea though, as is breaking up Jack and Jennifer yet again. I have to believe some of that is drama fodder for reunions, but I'm also not convinced half of these rumors about plot are true. (There is no way the show pairs Ben and Will - they ghettoize the gays.)

Edited by Vee

• Members

imo, that's the only spoiler that could/would bring fresh eyes to DAYS in any sort of meaningful way. Ben + Will pairing, if done right, would make huge headlines and flood tumblr/youtube/twitter, and it would make everyone take notice of DAYS and maybe stave off cancellation yet again. Everything else is just like... who cares? Longtime fans will be turned off, and none of it will bring in a new audience. Just do an epic romance with 2 hot guys. Why not? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think so too and that's why a time jump in the end will be pointless. Like the 5 year jump on Desperate Housewives, didn't really change much. It was a stunt for initial reactions. The things that were good with DH continued to be good, and the things that were bad continued to be bad.

About the DAYS spoilers, if they are true. I think some of them sounds like fun and others BAD. But I will take a wait and see approach to some of these. Is this a desperate move by Ron and company, probably. But I think I prefer shake-ups instead of (I think it was around 2010-11) when Corday said they were deliberately playing things safe.

• Members

Hmm...

The administrator of Days Time Jump Spoilers sounds out a lot like a previous poster on SON.

Hint: She was a big fan of RC and JER, hated Higley and Tomlin and a lot of you thought she was a troll lol

Nah, her worst was Maeve on ATWT lol

Edited by AbcNbc247