DAYS: Possible upcoming "event" spoiler

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When it comes to Ron C, his writing isnt boring. His reign on OLTL--though its quality was far from the show's heyday--was never dull. The 2012 prison break finalie was exciting. Similarly, the hype he wrote around GH's 50th anniversary was huge and well done. My only issue with him is that he delivers a butchered product. There were too many historical rewrites under his tenure on OLTL, and too much focus on the show's teen scene. (Either that was his decision or Frank V's, I'm unsure.)

Backtracking, in catching up on more of the James E Reiley era, though his 90s work is probably miles ahead of what DAYS is airing now, there was too much sillyness such as Susan Banks. Some of it was funny, but I couldnt help but question how much was Corday willing to allow. Ultimately, IMO, Rieley included too much cartoonish nonsence that overshadowed the rest of his show. His OTT work was also damaging to the genre in that it reinforced the "silly " image of soaps.

Lastly,  DAYS's lighting and overall production seemed to still look decent into the mid/late 2000s compared to some of the other soaps. The 2010s up to now however...

Edited by ironlion

• Members

For sure. The production quality was shot to hell in early 2009 when the budget was slashed and Deidre & Drake were axed and written out and Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols just disappeared. It was then that the set rotation came to a screeching halt and you'd have endless scenes in the same locales, like the Salem pier. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

So it looks like Sarah may be the one who has the mental breakdown and not Lani as rumored.

Here are some confirmed spoilers from SOD, that can be used to help us try and figure out some of the other rumors/teasers floating around.

According to SOD Jennifer will be pushed over the bistro balcony by Princess Gina. Jennifer will plummet in the square in front of JJ and Jack. Jennifer will end up fighting for her life. I'm going to guess that Jennifer is the person that was rumored to be in a coma. Soapoperanews website says that Jennifer will go into a coma, but they don't say where they originally got this information from. 

Also, it sounds like Ben may indeed go to jail. SOD says that Ben will dream of killing Jordan and will find a dead body. Soapoperanews says he will go to jail. Though like the spoiler regarding Jennifer being in the coma I'm not sure where there original source for that is. I do think Jen being in a coma/Ben going to jail spoilers are true, because the spoilers from SOD seem to be leading up to these things. 

Also according to SOD Justin/Adrienne and Jennifer/Jack will have a double wedding. I believe this will happen before Jennifer is pushed over the balcony. And Lani will devastate Eli by dumping him at the altar and he will try and cope with being dumped by her. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Yeah, I haven't seen anything yet mentioning that Will may go to jail or about Tony and Anna possibly adopting. I think within the next few days we will get some more spoilers about the time jump. On Fridays Soaps.com usually has spoilers for a couple of weeks ahead, maybe they will give us some more information about this event. 

• Members

i believe the Will going to jail rumour simply because he's been taking up space this entire time, so it makes sense he would have a big story coming up. I do hope they go the "he and Ben have a HUGE secret...!" route, and their prison lovers/of circumstance spills over into Salem Square. That would be interesting.