The best of the bland soap hunks

• Members

Every soap had them!  The acting was usually serviceable, the charisma was fine, the body was great.  Not an edge to be found, but plenty of shirtless scenes.  Almost always in a romantic storyline, usually the good guy.  On contract for years!  Who are some of your favorites?

Off the top of my head-

Guiding Light- Dylan (as played by Morgan England).  Often out acted by his female co-stars.  I still loved him though.

GH- Steve Burton’s Jason was absolutely stuck there in his sweaters before the accident that made him Jason Morgan.  Even though his body was fantastic, I remember only really being interested in Jagger when they were stuck on that island with Karen.

OLTL- David Fumero’s Christian.  Just sweet, hot, loyal and bland.  Same for Rafe Garretson and Dylan Moody (although Dylan wasn’t on longer than a few years).  I liked them all even though they were often bland af, and again, outshined by their love interests.  Rafe was on the show 10 years!

AMC- Tom Cudahay.  Maybe he wasn’t always that way, but I bet he was.  Cute, solid guy but not meant to be the center of the show.

Edited by titan1978

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought that Tom and Livia were great together and I liked his friendship with Brooke. I enjoyed the way he supported her after she gave birth to Jamie and was having a hard time dealing with Tad during her marriage to him. And the stuff he was doing to her, when she was pregnant with his second child.

I am thinking about who I could put on this list. I'm going to say Aidan Devane, from AMC. He was a handsome, sexy man and wasn't the strongest actor but I thought his acting was serviceable. He had multiple pairings. He was mostly a good guy, until they had him lose it after he fell for Kendall and tried to keep her from Zach. Which ultimately led to his exit storyline. 

Also Windsor Harmon's Thorne on Bold and the Beautiful. He wasn't the strongest actor, but I liked his version of Thorne.

I'm going to try and think of more people. I feel like if this were a thread about females on soaps that fit a comparative description, I could come up with more names, lol. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

It’s like Reilly left DAYS and decided the only things he wanted to replicate were supernatural elements, and the Carrie/Austin/Sami template.  Good girl, idiot, schemer that talks about her plans out loud all the time.

At least Billie/Bo/Hope and Roman/Marlena/John has some nuance and depth.  Plus those men were not all brainless like Peck’s Austin.  But I did love to see him with his shirt off.