The best of the bland soap hunks

• Members

To me Jon Hensley remained about the same - mostly dead-eyed, with a good body and occasional moments of acting ability. I never saw a big change. There's a reason why I always preferred any other love interest Lily had. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL..I actually like Holden the DILF more then StudHolden...I never liked that "smouldering"thing. And I liked Holden better with some weight on him. and he acted like a real dad worried about his kid..(kind of like I thought Josh Lewis was sexier when he was a family guy and not running around shouting "REEVVAAA" at the top of his lungs...).though I do admit that hair was really freaking bad!!!

• Members

Who wasn’t a dumb dumb by that point on GL?  I thought that stellar cast they had was absolutely wasted by the revolving door of hackish writers and Rauch.

Even the Annie/Reva thing and Beth being a bitch were entertaining, but seemed like they didn’t belong on this show.  Poor Holly too.

• Members

I don't know how Robert Tyler was on Loving but as Spence Davies on As The World Turns he was pretty bland.  His character seemed as if he was on the cusp of being interesting but just missed the mark, and then he was gone. 

Granted, his character's appearance happened in the middle of the 1988 WGA Writer's Strike so I suspect this aspect may have been a factor. 

• Members

Yup.

As the Annie/Reva [!@#$%^&*] was going down, I remember thinking that, while GL seemed to be on the rebound, it was at the cost of the storytelling nuances that had been present even during the better times of The Johnny Bauer Cancer Years.