Y&R July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sick to death of girls not wanting nice things.  Lola to the front.

Oh, you don't want that purse?  I'll take that. Oh, you don't want a nice ring because if someone gives it to you then you're a philanthropy project?  Oh, I'll take that too.  Gimme.  I'll be treated nice by a hot rich man.  Hells yes i will.   

It's just a little much.  Every girl is now a sympathy project who doesn't want Louis Vuitton.  Because it's too expensive and then she's suddenly objectified.

OK, well this Gay man wants to be objectified.  Tiffany, Louis, Gucci, all of it.  Gimme.   

• Members

I still am upset with this show, however, they used one of my favourite piece of music during the Nate/Abby sex scenes. At least Y&R still has that going.

I do the exact same. Hate Lola. HATE HATE HAAAATE.

EDIT: Michelle Stafford is unbearable right now. I do partially blame the writing. Also such a waste of Eva La Rue.

Edited by StepBack

• Members

I'm about to check YouTube to see if that this was posted there, under her farewell video.  If you have a YouTube account, you can give it a thumbs up. 

Exactly.  People often overuse the word "Preach" but her post's call really deserves a "Preach" response!  If only the soaps had actual 'tell it like it is' bloggers to interview her and get her thoughts. 

• Members

On this video from her channel, you have a to scroll a bit 

Why did they bother to add her to the opening credits? Which she only saw after her final shooting day. Ridiculous. But props to her for her exuberance and positivity in light of this situation.

• Members

I'd love for a soap blogger, any soap blogger to ask the HW or EP why talent turnover is so damn high while there are still little to no active storylines happening. Someone really ought to press Griffith and Morina on the decision to fire LL and who(m) exactly stands to benefit from that shift? 

I'd have guessed that LL was on the lower salary end, so how far is her salary really supposed to go, in terms of storyline?  Also ask what are their goals for the Hamiltons, (because at this point, there are no Winters left on the canvas) or rather Devon, Elena and Nate (because that's all there is).  

Just an aside, the Newmans are swimming in kinfolk, the Abbotts, although not as numerous as the Newman family, are still prominent.  So without a family, does Devon now become Paul Williams?  I'm curious.