GH: March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I admit that I have not watched GH in recent years, only keeping up with the show from afar. How the phucque is that vile Frankp related to my beloved Lee Baldwin?!?!

I can only keep up with the show from a distance now, to preserve my sanity. The last I knew/believed, Charleson was rarely seen, but I thought her guarantees had been cut. I did not know the show would so disrespectful as to drop her from contract completely. Color me surprised...NOT! 

Please register in order to view this content

There are sooooooooooo many actors who need to be fired ASAP. This drives me batty.

• Members

And she's right. The motive works.

All the DVX, etc. background and character backstory works. It's a shame FV and ABC's priorities and mediocre writing muck it up - I have to believe Van Etten is responsible for the better aspects.

• Members

I don’t think the HW team is the issue right now.  I think they need stronger breakdowns and scripts, and a production overhaul.

Frank’s production, and I thought this on OLTL too, is pretty bland and plot focused, without leaving space for acting or moments.  While the sets look good, the way they shoot them and the music and lighting hinders the final product.

His pet propping is as bad or worse than Jill’s ever was (at least some of those FOJ’s were talented actors).  He has final say on casting, and I would say 95% of the folks hired since he got here are bland and terrible or both.

The opening credits are basic af.  An opening like GL’s lighthouse one during Rauch (the just the lighthouse one) would be better than this.  A shot of the hospital, some ambulance lighting reflecting on the screen and some version of the classic theme for the same length would be more modern and less tragic.

Archived