GH: March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

+100

It seems like they are trying to check boxes with casting. Oh! We hired a vet with a prosthetics---then chose to make him a drug addict and ship him off-screen.Oh! we brought him back to manage Sonny's gym.   Oh! now he works at the Floating Rib.  Now he won't be seen for a month.

Please register in order to view this content

Here's a good looking guy with talent. He landed the role and now that he's back, a Chet/Maxie story would be much better than Maxie/ Peter.   The story should play out with Maxie realizing her feelings for Peter   are just friendship and that relying on him is because he's Nathan's brother. The two part as friends as she really gets to know Chet better while Peter and Lulu discover feelings at the magazine/paper/whatever it is.

Another character they hired with a little fanfare is Dr. Terry Randolph.   Cassandra James, trans-gender actress added as Elizabeth's best friend from school, Oscar's Doc. She's barely on and has had very few scenes with Liz (only around to prop Franko, barely has a story that's hers). 

TPTB have so many opportunities to tell good story but stick us with Wallow angst, Jillian's temper tantrums, Saminex, Lexi Ainsworth (gag), Ninny yelling at future real daughter Wallow, and Fuc-kos dumb facial expressions and grins.

I think Swickard is just fine as Chase (but his main chemistry is with Duell----Sorry, not sorry.) He's got personality and a bit of swagger. Plus like you said, he seems to love his job.

I wonder if they'll bother recasting Valerie or just wait nine months for Y&R to let Sarpy go.

No follow up to Kevin, Ava in a few days. Not surprised, as Dante seems to be the shiny object this week...

Kid casting, by the way, has been really good.    Aiden, Rocco, Danny, Jake and Wiley are all decent (that Wiley is adorable).

Making Shiloh the kind of guy that tries to indoctrinate kids makes him the kind of creepy that won't last. Too bad, because Coby McLaughlin is just the kind of charismatic actor the show could keep around for a while.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Re-reading my post I should have broken it up into paragraphs, reads like a long run on sentence, LOL ... anywho ...

I feel like that's the right direction for Maxie/Peter/Chet/Lulu, so of course they probably won't. It certainly played that way when Maxie and Chet were showing mad interest in each other. I'd hope they go there, otherwise, what was the point? Though I imagine Chet will end up the bad guy in all of it. But I hope not. Just a fear they want to prop up Peter more. And it makes a lot more sense for Lulu and Peter to fall for each other. Honestly, Storms plays it like how we're envisioning it should be. I imagine they're aware the pairing isn't setting the world on fire here ...

I do agree on the kid casting. GH has done pretty well over the years in that regard.

LOL at "wait nine months for Y&R to release Sarpy". You aren't wrong ... but I already find Sarpy ten times more appealing and interesting on Y&R. She kind of fits on the show. I think she would have made an excellent Lily recast, personally ... They had no interest in Valerie. It's kind of a shame. Sarpy's not nearly as bad as I thought she was on GH. I was always meh to her and Valerie. But the actress has a charm to her, I liked her, just never got to see her really try on GH.

The guy playing Shiloh is indeed good. But he already feels like he has a shelf life. But I guess he's on contract? So I imagine they "redeem" him somehow. I'm not sure what the goal is with him at the moment. But I don't mind him like I thought I would, even though the cult story is nothing to write home about. He's at least interesting to watch.

dead at Swickard having the best chemistry with Duell. That's actually true. He does. I also thought Matt Cohen and Ryan Carnes did as well. I was waiting for Lucas to just grab Griffin and make out with his hot self. But, nope  Chase would also have been more interesting being paired with Lucas, but they aren't interested in Lucas and Brad.

And of course no follow up with Kevin and Ava. I'm guessing they're going to pair them. I guess they'd be more interesting than Kevin and Laura, even though I like Jon and Genie together, the couple really would just ultimately be a "tentpole" couple with nothing interesting to do. Ava/Kevin's far more interesting.

And lol, so true at Dante being the shiny toy of the week, so to speak. 

They do waste a lot of time on crap literally very few care about. I think the writers are actually capable of a decent GH but when they're forced to write for numerous pets ... but that being said, they aren't perfect by any means, but I've seen some potential at times, IMO.

And yep, Cassandra James was a waste. It was a token hire to get some attention. And Liz's life revolves around Franco and propping him. At least, for now, they have Cameron still wary and not all forgiving and loving on him. It just fails and I don't understand how those in charge refuse to admit this.

I can always count on you and @Soapsuds to come through with the photos  yassss ... 

• Members

I think Cassandra James was not only a token hire but also brought in for the initial Aiden story. It seemed like GH was going in the direction of Aiden wanting to identify as female but then it seems as if they backtracked. But I don't understand how you can build a story around a child possibly being gay just because he likes to bake. It would make more sense that he's being bullied and not wanted around children because of who is stepfather is.

• Members

I also prefer Chet to Peter.  And I like Wes Ramsey.

I also agree that Chase and Michael have chemistry.  I see more sparks there than I have with any of Michael’s prior relationships.  Or Willow.  Too bad this show will never go there.

I still wish the actress playing Stafford’s fake daughter had been cast as Willow.  She’s engaging and has good soap actor chops already.  You can see that she is trying in scenes without being over the top or a block of wood (see Stafford and sadly, Willow).

• Members

I prefer fake daughter Sasha too. Of course she's the one who appears sporadically and will be thrown aside as they prop Willow for whatever god forsaken reason. I do love Nina's total disdain for her, as forced as it has been (for plot purposes of course; no drama if she loved Willow from the start)

Oh, interesting. I do like them together but Jon and Maura definitely work nicely together as well.

As for the Aiden stuff ... I've only glimpsed at the last three episodes, had them on live but didn't pay close attention so I don't know what their intention is ... but it does sound insulting.

• Members

Wasted Opportunities and a Bittersweet Anniversary on GH

Please register in order to view this content

Rather than letting Matt Cohen go this month, GH could have developed a story for him with Elizabeth. A character. BTW whose storylines never seem to be about her.

Poor Elizabeth is stuck in stories that revolve around oaf Franko. Her rapist gets out of jail, and the story revolves around him and his feelings. No one cares. He's not funny, his facial tics get worse every month, and he comes off as the least romantic leading man on tv.

Maxie/Chet and Peter/Lulu would be a much better set of pairings. Maxie/Peter would work better as friends, and a romance between Lulu and Peter at the office would give her something to do. Chris Van Etten, the actor playing Chet is a former Marine with two prosthetic legs. He and Kirsten Storms have great chemistry. His talents have been wasted by the show, and hopefully he will be getting more screen time.

As for Michael, while his most chemistry is with Chase, I enjoy his scenes with Sasha (as opposed to weak Wallow er Willow). Hoping to see Sasha away from scenery chewing Nina. Sofia Mattsson has the chops for daytime.

MVPs include Vernee Watson and Max Gail as Mike and Stella, and Maura West and Jon Lindstrom . Maura is always tops, and Lindstrom has again shown great layers portraying two definitively different characters.

Interesting to see the strength of the female characters being showcased. Monica runs the hospital, Laura, as mayor, looks out for her town, superspy Anna and Jordan the police commissioner protect the town. A far cry from the days of Luke....

Entering their 56th year on ABC, viewers get to spend Tuesday, April 2nd with guest Denise Alexander (Dr. Lesley Webber) and Leslie Charleson (Dr. Monica Quartermaine) reminiscing about the late Dr. Gail Baldwin (the late Susan Brown).

Archived