GH: March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

lol at like no discussion for this mess of a show.

I can't believe some on twitter think GH was "the best" this month. What show were we watching?? lol. Better than the other three? Sure. But that's like picking the best of the worst ...

And it's LOL to me how many are suddenly thinking Willow and Chase are "cute" and have chemistry. I think they work nicely together but why the [!@#$%^&*] should I care about them? I feel like it's the Swickard stans who want Chase to get some action that are suddenly supporting this non-couple.

I feel like Frank is desperate for any new character or any new couple under him to "take off" and it just won't and hasn't happened. Ava's the closest but that's because Maura works her ass off. Sure she chews the scenery sometimes but I'd rather have someone overact than think of pizza every day.

• Members

I will give Swickard a little credit.  Of the last three or so hotties Frank has hired (Dillon, Griffin, Peter, and especially Nathan), he has some natural charm and talent that is present in his scenes, especially at this point in his time on the show.  He’s got good chemistry with Finn and other characters, and he seems to be enjoying his job, even on screen.  There were son many times the other hotties Frank has hired seem lifeless, or bored, on just pretty to look at and nothing else.

I’m not saying this guy is ready for an Emmy or a drama storyline.  He reminds me of a Mac type character.  Action/cop stories, friendships and romance stories are fine for him.

• Members

I like him too. He's charming and very likeable. He's trying and I appreciate that (like you said, he seems to genuinely enjoy being a part of the show, and the guy is just plain cute and likeable). He's not "amazing" by any means but I think he has potential to improve and he's not that bad to begin with ... better than others, like you said, LOL. He's got a personality it feels like. Others have simply been dead wood. I think Swickard (like his BFF Michael Mealor) is a good find, personally. 

I just don't think Chase and Willow is anywhere near the level of interesting some of Swickard's stans are making them out to be, LOL. The reality is they like that Swickard gets to be nearly naked and has a love interest. LOL.

The Willow actress is sort of growing on me but I still don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about her.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

lol. I see retweets and discussions from a few soap fans and I see the thirst some have for him. Trust me, I get the thirst. But it's so silly to stan a couple suddenly because you're hot for the actor and glad his character is going to have sex (much like the Mealor stans). Swickard and Mealor seem like really nice dudes who actually enjoy being in their jobs. That's nice. And they certainly put in effort. 

I don't think Chase is all that interesting but I do like Josh Swickard. Chase fits in pretty well though, and I think it's because of the actor. And I don't feel, even though he's on a lot, that he's being shoved down my throat, or propped, so that helps! lol

• Members

And I meant to say this before but I'd much prefer Maxie and hottie Chet over Maxie and Peter any day. Peter and Lulu would be much better choice (mostly so I can ignore them both at the same time) and Maxie and Chet already have far more chemistry ... FAR more. And the actor playing Chet is likeable and charming. I like Wes Ramsey but I'm not here for Peter and the forced pairing with Maxie (not to mention Kirsten Storms looked far more interested and awake in scenes with him than when she's in scenes with Peter. She looks like we feel: this is forced BS. She looks checked out and I can't say I blame her. I'm always chiding actors for being checked out but there's a few times I "get it" lol)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It helps that half of his airtime is just him doing cop stuff and it's not all some big story revolving around Chase. I agree that he's not being propped or shoved down our throats. He's mostly just there as a supporting character and it works.

I also would rather see Maxie with Chet.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Yep, it works. He's a very nice supporting character. I think they've done well not shoving him down our throats. And I like that Chase actually seems sympathetic when doing cop stuff. Like I feel like the nuJordan actress plays her a little too 'hard' (and the writing doesn't help, honestly). A silly thing maybe to focus on but I don't think actors always make the right choices playing cops or doctors. And it's often written like they could be any dayplayer off the street (like Paul and Christine on Y&R ...)