GH: March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Hello, McFly...........No matter how many pictures he looks at, he's still the guy that KIDNAPPED YOUR SON, ELIZABETH!

Maura West's Ava realizing that Ryan killed Kiki was everything I expected.

Nice to see the Ashford's together--all of them.

Alexis soaking her feet in vodka was asinine 

{stupid, foolish, pointless, brainless, mindless, senseless, doltish, idiotic, imbecilic, imbecile, insane, lunatic, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, preposterous, nonsensical, fatuous, silly, childish, infantile, puerile, immature, juvenile, inane, witless, half-baked, empty-headed, unintelligent, halfwitted, slow-witted, weak-minded; 

and still not enough words to describe that scene........

• Members

Yesterday's closing scene was spot-on where Maura and Genie's acting was concerned. I was also wondering what it would be like if the scene had Y&R's old background music, and as a kind of experiment, I quickly edited the scene and added Y&R's music. I feel like it instantly elevated the scene (instead of Paul Glass' constantly ominous industrial chords playing in the background).

• Members

This

Genie and Maura were great, but I almost chuckled during some of the dialogue, lol. Lips and fingertips ... 

I thought Maura was great but really chewed that scenery, too, lol. I know some use that as knock but I'm not. I enjoy Maura and her acting theatrics. I could watch her all day.  

Me too!

Yesterday wasn't a terrible episode.

Even Finn and Alexis were sort of watchable (shudders I said that)

I still don't think nuJordan is that great but she's getting there, sloooowly, and I loved her telling Liz what's up. Liz looks like a fool for being with Franco. I also hated how she was supposed to be the bad guy for being mad at Franco. She's really mad at herself ...

But Roger Howarth? Lawd. So terrible. He stammers and whines and babbles ... I will never take a "reformed killer" seriously on a soap. Sorry. It's ludicrous. I know it's "a soap" but let's stop "redeeming" killers (and this includes Ben on DAYS; people stan him because RSW is hot and posts half naked videos on Instagram to get them all hot and bothered)

And the voice over as Liz waxed nostalgia about the love he brought to her house? MY GOD. Make it STOP. Stop the damn propping. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! And of course they had mopey Franco looking at pictures of her kids. And OF COURSE Liz sees the pic on his phone. It's so forced. Why do fans fall for this [!@#$%^&*]?

What if Ted Bundy had a brain tumor removed and was suddenly "reformed". That would never fly. It amazes me what some accept on a soap because they're hot for the actor.

You know how much better Liz accepting a "bad boy" would be if it was AJ instead?

And the fact is, Franco and Ben aren't "bad boys" like Steve Patch Johnson was, for example. Franco and Ben murdered people. I'm so tired of the reformed nonsense. (I've never accepted Luke either, he was a rapist and they paired him with his victim and everyone treated it like an amazing love story; so bizarre - and I did like them at times, not saying I didn't)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Eh.... serial killers shouldn't be "reformed". JMO. They're both killers.

I'd say Ben was propped to a certain degree, but not like Franco is. I think it's just a matter of what we're willing to accept, and it wasn't as blatant with Ben, but it was there. Again, JMO :) And it helps RSW and Konefal have some chemistry and seemed to have taken off. RH and Herbst have zero chemistry and RH has been phoning it in for years. At least Wilson tries.

• Members

With Oscar circling the drain, can I nominate this guy to be a new teen?

Dev, the Turkish pickpocket actually did an okay job today  (actor Ashton Arbab).

Just a thought..... 

Every once in a while an actor slips through the casting department.

Today's episode was a let-down from yesterday--  Wallow, Nina, Peter...yawn.

I like the actress playing Sasha, and I don't mind her with Michael. 

Maxie should be investigating things--her parents Frisco, Felicia and Mac all are sleuths. I don't care about Nina no matter how much ValenVarni tell us we should, and Maxie could be better used somewhere (anywhere) else on canvas.

• Members

Yes please. I liked him as well. And lord knows Josslyn could use someone with a pulse who's potentially interesting. 

Can they just off Oscar already? Damn.

It was a total let down, I agree ... and here's likely why: I found the Willow/Michael/Maxie/Peter/Obrecht/Valentin/Nina/Sasha stuff out of place (like I always do ...). Should have followed up with Ava/Kevin/Laura.

And where the [!@#$%^&*] is Lulu while her mother's missing? This show is still such a mess. It's still all over the place. They have like 30 on contract, 25 recurring, 15 vets who get cameo appearances ... lawd the cast is still way too bloated

Maxie would have made more sense than Lulu, but I get Kevin is tied to Laura now but still ... They're too busy forcing Maxie and Peter (and I actually don't mind them as partners in crime but the relationship is 100% forced to make Peter work -- and I like Wes Ramsey but Peter sucks, like the other pets do)

If Ron were still writing GH he'd be having Charlotte forcing Brad to run a DNA test on Sasha 

I also like Finn far more with Alexis (heck I even like him with Robert better!). I know that was yesterday but I think they have chemistry. Anna and Finn just feel ... wrong and meh.

Dead eyes Willow (clearly Nina's real spawn, hence the forced conflict between Nina and Willow) is getting slightly more life to her but still ... meh. I actually wouldn't mind Sasha and Michael. She at least has life to her. But he still looks 12. I loved she laughed in his face the other episode when he said he was a CEO. I'd laugh too.

And how sweet of Stone Cold to assure Carly he'd have let Ava die had it not been for Laura. Such a hero  Lawd .... can they shoot him in the back again and shove him off that pier, tie a cement anchor to Sam and push her off with him? 

Oh, Nina is pointless, useless and shouldn't even be on the canvas, but I sometimes do enjoy La Staff when she plays bitchy, catty, petty Nina. I don't enjoy whiney, crying, victim Nina, which will return soon, I'm sure. But either way, Nina's a waste of space and I could think of several past GH leading ladies I'd rather be watching instead of her. La Staff will always be Phyllis to me, personally. As much as she gets on my nerves sometimes, she plays a certain role well.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

How about Gwendolyn Osborne-Smith and Alice Hunter as Bryan and Claudia's Oxford-educated twin daughters.  Gwen can still be WSB Chief Vick and Alice can be a doctor and Trina's mother.