The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am very pleased about the Alex Jones verdict and the incompetency of his 11th legal counsel is just icing on the cake.

If Alex Jones's attorney thinks he's getting paid for four months worth of billing, than he is definitely dumb enough to send two years worth of missing documents to his opponent. 

However, I still can't believe that 24% of Americans continue to believe that Sandy Hook was a hoax and still buy $100,000-$300,00 a day in merch sales that makes Alex Jones rich. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

BREAKING: Alex Jones ordered to pay $45.2 million in punitive damages to the family of a Sandy Hook massacre victim.

I thought the most intriguing argument from today's expert witness, who was a forensic economist, was that Jones not only owns his network, but there's also no sponsor because he manufacturers all of the paranoid bs products that he sells.  So, he's not spewing conspiracies out of an insane paranoia. He is trying to foment anxiety in his audience so that they buy his brand of barrels of food for their bunkers.  It is always eye-opening when the con artist doesn't believe one word of what they're saying, it is just all an effort to extract cash from disenfranchised people.

The major hypocrisy was exposed today when two hours before he pleaded with his audience to spend more money because the forces of evil were trying to bankrupt him, it was revealed that he was syphoning $11,000.00 a day to off shore accounts while claiming to be broke.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The NYT willing and begging for the GOP bloodbath they are built on. And this will only get louder and louder.

I really hope there is eventually a left-wing President who will gut and rebuild the media of this country the way it needs to be gutted and rebuilt.

• Members

One other truly astounding revelation about Alex Jones is that he's 48.

He is seven years younger than me, but if you told me he was 68, I would have totally believed it.  He was hacking up a lung on the witness stand, his neck is too big to wear a tie, and his complexion is ruddier than a summer tomato.

Hatemongering must really age a person...

• Members

Adam McKay and David S*rota are, predictably, not happy with the Inflation Reduction Act even though virtually every other major climate activist is. They are getting ratioed overnight and a lot of blowback and mockery from people who might normally support them. Josh Marshall has taken him to task repeatedly, leaving McKay retreating to 'well I just have a lot of questions':

Edited by Vee

• Members

@VeeI saw that...it was obvious McKay had never bothered to read up on the legislation and was just parroting what worthless David Sirota had to say. I notice others of the dead end  left or who always seem to parrot right wing views, like Katie Halper or Gritty is the Way, have been going on about how the Democrats didn't want to fire the parliamentarian for the insulin cap so they are just doing theater, or going on about all the IRS agents who were hired. Sadly, this type of talking point tends to take over so much discourse and discussion of the bill...although I guess most of the people who care don't vote for Democrats anyway. The most depressing tweet was one of these grifters bragging about how he had brainwashed his 76 year old mother into giving up any hope.

Meanwhile, the New York Times is once again running interference for hatemongers and Yarvin/Peter Thiel employees, part of the "Dimes Square" movement that proudly boasts the Alex Jones fangirls at Redscare.

• Members

The progressive discourse is largely against them on this one, though. People are very happy about the bill, so that leaves McKay, Sirota, etc. struggling to gnatfuck over the parliamentarian (which, if it had been overruled, would've lost us Manchin's vote and probably others). Oh well.