The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I read the whole BS display earlier about the 10-year old. The whole right wing echo chamber jumped, likely because they knew this could be used to shut down the many valid and horrible cases we're going to be seeing. What disgusts me is, as you mentioned, a "respectable" media publication jumping onboard. I have long thought Washington Post gets too much of a pass compared to New York Times,  as they have so many callous people working there, like ex-Tucker hanger-on Ashley Parker, always eager to jump on the latest Biden hit piece (like the Jill Biden taco story). 

The same people at both papers who loved to pat themselves on the back for their bravery in the Trump years (all while whitewashing Trump and his sycophants at every turn) are desperate to brainwash the public to move further right on lgbt issues, abortion, etc. I'm too past cynicism to pretend it won't work, but at least these trash outlets don't have the influence they did 20 years ago. Not that public opinion even seems to matter anymore. It's all about what an elite lies to themselves about to get through the night.

• Members

Meanwhile, guess who's deleted apparently all her tweets and is refusing to answer a simple question (posed by many people, not just this example). Not really sorry to anyone on the left who ever thought Liz Bru*nig was some sort of committed leftist as opposed to an evangelical who smokes weed and owns a copy of Reds - I've seen this hustle too many times in my too few years. She and her husband have always been scum and she has always been a devoted fundamentalist who has giggled and danced around answering questions about her explicitly-outlined beliefs while siccing her followers on people, but it was excused by both hairy/horny dudes on the left and the eager center-right media who wanted to present her as "a central voice of the left' who could punch at Biden and Democrats because she was young, pretty, 'hip' and white. She has never represented sensible liberals or progressives, but she was useful for the media and a fantasy for the burnouts.

Dobbs passing was in a way Bru*nig's nightmare, because she immediately went dark when it happened trying to formulate a public position that would avoid scrutiny based on her stated views that she's tried to keep quiet. This has not panned out for her.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Bruenig also wrote an embarrassing piece about how now Republicans can help mothers and babies, when any idiot knows that isn't going to happen. She tried  to make another of her "cute" tweets about how pro-life figures can now care about the death penalty, only to be roasted by  them,  pointing out she has done nothing to help their cause (which is true in the long run as all she and her pig husband care about is their own brand). The dead end left and men who want to [!@#$%^&*] her will still be there for her, and I imagine centrist/right laundering sites like The Atlantic still will, but as someone who is so desperate to  be loved and in need of constant engagement and support, Dobbs was a certain line in the sand moment. 

Dave Weigel and other Washington Post personnel who turned a blind eye over Trump's friendliness and monetary ties to  Saudi Arabia are now SHOCKED over Biden. And other loathsome figures like [!@#$%^&*]-eating Brian Stelter, retweeting "gotcha" embarrassments like these:

I have my criticisms of Biden, they are some of the reasons why I would have preferred another primary choice, but the absolute loathing the Beltway media and the "respectable" "reasonable" figures like Chait and that ilk have for him is palpable. It turns my stomach.

• Members

More of the bin-lining Washington Post arguing that if we just hate persecuted groups a little more, then everything will be all right. 

Zakaria has a very defensive response afterward.

I'm so sick of the dishonesty of media hacks and pundits. We have been here before. The media complex that lives and breathes based on right wing propaganda is never going to be satisfied.  

• Members

Bru*nig tries to invoke Constance Wu (whose struggle I have a lot of sympathy for, even if I felt her public behavior several years ago was tacky and unprofessional; nobody deserves to be driven to self-harm), gets clowned:

• Members

Sheryl Sandberg, whoever is replacing her and Mark Zuckerberg will all be giving depositions in relation to the lawsuit involving the Cambridge Analytica scandal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/mark-zuckerberg-and-sheryl-sandberg-set-to-be-deposed-about-cambridge-analytica/ar-AAZSd42