The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This Politico "reporter," whose father follows various hatemongers like Kristi Noem and Libs of Tiktok, may be the most pathetic journalist I've seen on Twitter (which is saying a lot).

Hand-in-hand with the smugness and victim-playing are the pundits and flacks who continue to insist on a red wave and twist themselves into knots to downplay any breaks from the reality they are giving everything to make happen.

• Members

Watched this livestream and it was interesting to hear from these different executives in broadcast news toot their own proverbial horns about how their various networks’ news programs and the recent inroads they have made in ratings share.
The president of CBS News talked about the increasing popularity of that network’s morning news magazine show and how they cede the decision of when to interrupt regular daytime programming for breaking news to their affiliates to decide.

There was brief mention Days Of Our Lives being “bumped” to streaming.

Even PBS NewsHour talked about the impact of their decision to cover the counting of the electoral votes on January 6th 2021 and the insurrection that followed, despite the fact that PBS usually broadcasts children’s television during those time slots. It led to the decision to the expansion of breaking news coverage during the daytime.

The general consensus seemed to be that News and sports has become far more popular and there seems to be a bigger embrace of broadcasting both during the daytime.

I am not sure what their implications mean for daytime soaps, but I got the sense that the moving of Days Of Our Lives to Peacock is regarded as an afterthought, at least by the people in the news divisions.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The "paper of record" has hired yet another right wing mouthpiece who spent two years trying to dig up dirt on the Biden family, and is now reduced to trying to claim Biden lied about his father's education.

Never forget how much the establishment media hates this country and hates anyone who does not write them big checks.

I see he came from the New Yorker, which had a positive profile of DeSantis not long ago (the man who wrote this also goes on chummy podcasts to talk about him with DeSantis supporter and all around moron Andrew Sullivan). Glad I don't read them much anymore.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The "liberal" media is more interested in this  clown car than in any attempt at reality. Between this and clips out there of Dana Bash looking even more terrified than usual as Chris Sununu smarms out talking points, it's no wonder I keep seeing far right voters praising the new CNN. I hope people have finally woken up about just how wretched this channel is.