The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kraushaar is and always will be a right wing shill. The only difference is he's clawed his way back to mainstream outlets very recently, enjoys too much respect from Beltway pals and is very vocal, but he's still a bit of an outlier. People know what he is.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Keilar is making this her hill to die on with replies and retweets of others despite continued ratios:

As always: Beltway media venerate and worship their military/Pentagon sources, especially the ones who for decades insisted 'six more months' would do the job in Afghanistan. They were furious along with their sources when Biden pulled out of the region, and they still consider themselves more purely aligned with the military and 'the generals' who are their sources than anyone else in America or in government, which is how they talk like this so casually. it's a form of patriotism or service these journos feel they have been adopted into by quoting people on background in sympathy. And while Keilar may have a military family background, she's not military, she had nothing to say when Trump or Bush did this kind of pageantry and she is far from the only journo to behave like this.

it will be a five minute fuss that the public doesn't care about and won't react to, but which will outrage talking heads fanning themselves for the vapors overnight. What else is new.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think people rarely get swayed by military-centric/'divisiveness' talking points these days, IMO. On these kind of issues the opposing sides are fairly baked in. Media is generally talking to the Beltway and themselves on these issues, and then grudgingly walking it back when the public fails to respond (as they did on Afghanistan).

• Members

Quoting the above tweet from Parker Malloy "Looks like Malone and Licht are accelerating their little fascist project."

I didn't know what that was, so I googled.
I didn't realize CNN had a change in ownership and in CEO, which I guess everyone knew except me.

Found this explainer.  Is it accurate?
https://www.vox.com/2022/8/26/23322761/cnn-john-malone-david-zaslav-chris-licht-brian-stelter-fox-peter-kafka-column