The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Did the good people at Politico come out of a two-year coma? We've already got a 50/50 Senate. (And now that I look it up, Vice President Harris just needs to cast six more tie-breakers to both hold the all-time record and have cast the 300th ever.)

Edited by Franko

• Members

James Bennet, fired from the NYT for the infamous Tom Cotton op-ed, is definitely not mad in this far too sympathetic piece from the already cursed Semafor, which is still entertaining given his abject fury:

Edited by Vee

• Members

The Beltway is wasting no time in dusting off their old Trump scripts (and many before Trump of course) to make sure we "understand" Marjorie Taylor Greene and her appeal. 

When one of the fascism enablers is pushed back on this, she, shockingly, has little to say. 

• Members

Conor Lamb was absolutely brutalized by many Fetterman supporters for months - kudos to him for stretching his neck to call out Andrea  Mitchell this way. 

I try not to speak ill of my elders, unless they deserve it anyway, but this says it all, really:

The loathsome Olivia Nouzzi has also made sure to pipe  up. @Vee has already called out who she is in here a number of times.

• Members

I haven't seen enough of the PA debate to make a call on how it actually went. As a person with a much more minor disability than what Fetterman's currently dealing with, all I'll say is that we're about to put the new online wisdom that 'debates don't matter' to the test. Not because I think Oz did well (he didn't) or Fetterman necessarily did so terribly, but because the Beltway media looks down on him more than they already do most Dems not only because of his current disability, but because they fear him and his infringing on what they consider the turf of the GOP - 'real Americans.' They resent the discourse changing, and he intimidates them.

This is in no way full-throated endorsement of John Fetterman, who I've had a number of issues with (especially among his online stans, but that's not all his campaign). But if not for his stroke this race wouldn't even be a question at this point IMO. For the sake of the party, and to prove the Beltway wrong, I hope the new wisdom about debates being moot holds true re: the results and him taking a win. I suspect it does.

Meanwhile, Jay Rosen finally is the one to say the quiet part loud about what the media refuses to admit to re: booking insurrectionists - they can't not book them, because then they can't book Republicans.

A good thread:

And now, the moment you've been waiting for: Cenk Uygur.

Edited by Vee