The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised, but this is the person who dragged out a sham story about a family not being able to afford milk anymore to try to drag Biden's numbers down, and just like this time, got extremely defensive when called out. The people who think she is lashing out over Afghanistan may have a point too. She's nothing special as an oncamera presence (she's actually incredibly awkward to watch), and as Megyn Kelly showed, even being a generic blonde fantasy figure for a subset of pervs is not enough to keep you in the spotlight. She can keep angling for that Faux News job all she wants, she isn't going to get it. 

Speaking of pieces of [!@#$%^&*] who have never offered anything of value:

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I haven't watched cable news in almost a year and it's done wonders for my mental health. And frankly when you look at the numbers compared to the actual population, it's pathetic.  I have never understood Tapper's appeal or gifts. I have never seen it. Whatever shift is allegedly happening at CNN - well I don't watch but it's not like they were not pushing GOP talking points already. They are not going to gain any audience and will end up losing some of what they had. Oh well boo hoo.

• Members

I'm curious what folks thinks about Hugo Lowell with The Guardian. I have always found him to be a pretty solid US congressional reporter and his work on the search and recovery of documents at Mar-a-lago has been pretty good. It seems he has gotten more attention as a result. I just hope it doesn't tarnish him.

• Members

Bevan, another smarmy figure who gets a Beltway pass, is also trying to revive the media attacks against Mark Udall, this time toward John Fetterman, because of Fetterman campaigning on abortion rights. I wouldn't be surprised if the same media who worked overtime to sink Udall click their heels over this again, as they have been trying their best to help Oz. I don't really know if it would be as effective due to Roe falling.

Nate Cohn has written up a lengthy series of tweets (and a paywalled article) about how the polls this year that are positive for Democrats are a mirage and that they will likely do poorly. I also don't trust polls, and I think Republicans will probably narrowly win the Senate if things keep tilting the way they have lately, but I have a feeling he, and the NYT, would be giddy if the polls were reversed. You can usually sense his unease if the GOP isn't in command.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

In what has now become an annual tradition of "outrage" over people left out of award show In Memoriam segments this has got to be the most ridiculous.

Please register in order to view this content

First of all, one doubts that the Queen was a member of the television academy.  Second, as if the Queens's death has been trivialized because she wasn't included in a montage on a failing award show designed to promote network TV in America?

Edited by j swift