• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I didn't know anything Herschel Walker.
I just found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker#Personal_life

In filing for divorce in 2001, Walker's wife accused him of "physically abusive and extremely threatening behavior." After the divorce, she told the media that, during their marriage, Walker pointed a pistol at her head and said: "I'm going to blow your f'ing brains out." She also said he had used knives to threaten her.] In 2005, a restraining order was imposed on Walker regarding Grossman, after Grossman's sister stated in an affidavit that Walker told her "unequivocally that he was going to shoot my sister Cindy and her [new] boyfriend in the head." As a result, a temporary gun-owning ban was also issued to Walker by a judge. Walker attributed his aberrant behavior with his wife and others to his dissociative identity disorder for which he was diagnosed in 2001.

Walker has spoken publicly about being diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder and has served as spokesperson for a mental health treatment program for veterans. He wrote the 2008 book Breaking Free: My Life with Dissociative Identity Disorderto help dispel myths about mental illness and to help others.

In the book, Walker wrote that he had a dozen distinct identities, or alters. According to Walker, some of his alters did many good things, but other alters exhibited extreme and violent behavior, which Walker said he mostly could not remember. A competitive alter caused him to play Russian roulette in 1991, as he saw "mortality as the ultimate challenge", he wrote.He was formally diagnosed with the disorder in 2001, after he sought professional help for being tempted to murder a man who was late in delivering a car to him.

Walker attributed his divorce to his behavior caused by the disorder. According to Walker's ex-wife, for the first 16 years of their marriage, Walker's alters were somehow controlled, and she had no idea that he had any disorder. Grossman said that the situation greatly deteriorated once Walker was diagnosed, after which he began to exhibit either "very sweet" alters or "very violent" alters who looked "evil".She said that in one situation where Walker exhibited two alters, she was in bed when he held a straight razor to her throat and repeatedly stated that he would kill her. Walker did not deny Grossman's account, saying that he did not remember it, because blackouts were a symptom of the disorder.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

"New" Gawker continues to cover itself in...glory by posting and then retracting a story claiming Thomas Chatterton Williams was at the premiere for Alex Jones' propaganda movie. 

Williams is terrible, as are his fellow sycophants like Bari Weiss and Glenn Greenwald, so kudos to that trashbag of a site for making him a martyr.

• Members

Dave Weigel is back on the Nina Turner beat, spotlighting the Bernie roadshow with his more leftist allies who are likely about to crash out of office (although at least Levin has won elections...). Levin is probably best known of late for a lot of yoga pose photos (including an unfortunate one right after the Dobbs ruling) that seemed designed for daddy lovers and WikiFeet devotees.

• Members

@Vee I thought of your posts about Stelter when I saw this (naturally he turned off replies).

I see that Amy Walter, whose job often seems to be to shame people for ever feeling optimistic about Democratic chances, has been deployed to throw cold water over some recent polls and claim that every midterm cycle the party that loses will briefly seem to be  coming back. I don't disagree with that, necessarily, but I just hate the scolding, smug nature of the people who work for Cook, and how much they struggle to hide their bias toward the GOP.