Sign in to follow this  
frequentsoapfan

GH Recasts Jordan

1 hour ago, frequentsoapfan said:

Your comparing her to people from a different culture. Just because you have heard her talk about being mixed race doesnt me she isn't. I've seen pictures of Mishael's family. She's a dougla.

I'm comparing her to people throughout the Diaspora, who have mixed ancestry and/or different cultures based on their location. Everyone ain't "black like me". But that doesn't make them any less so. 

1 hour ago, frequentsoapfan said:

Your comparing her to people from a different culture. Just because you have heard her talk about being mixed race doesnt me she isn't. I've seen pictures of Mishael's family. She's a dougla.

I'm comparing her to people throughout the Diaspora, who have mixed ancestry and/or different cultures based on their location. Everyone ain't "black like me". But that doesn't make them any less so. 

Edited by ajsp35801

8 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

You're comparing her to folks who are biracial African Americans who have a different racial makeup. People in the Caribbean will often label themselves based on how they look but theyre still mixed. 

31 minutes ago, frequentsoapfan said:

You're comparing her to folks who are biracial African Americans who have a different racial makeup. People in the Caribbean will often label themselves based on how they look but theyre still mixed. 

Actually, I am not. I'm comparing her to Dominicans,  Haitians, Continental West Africans, Brazilians, Mexicans, Jamaicans and other Islanders. Neither of which are black like me. 

29 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

It's 2018 and there are no leads of color on any of the remaining daytime soaps.

That's shameful.

It absolutely is shameful.  

On 8/11/2018 at 4:20 PM, Darn said:

Everyone is old and white, it's like they're not paying attention to the changing shape of the country at all.

Angelica thinks she is. Hence her push for Latinos. 

The Winters family over the past few years is proof-positive that you can have representation but without good writing, it's pretty much all a wash.

Question:  Is Abhi Sinha still on Y&R or nah?  They never wrote any worthwhile stories for Ravi.

7 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

The Winters family over the past few years is proof-positive that you can have representation but without good writing, it's pretty much all a wash.

Question:  Is Abhi Sinha still on Y&R or nah?  They never wrote any worthwhile stories for Ravi.

This.

And I'll never forget the hate Ravi got on here. It was such a mistake keeping him so tied to Ashley. He was never given a real chance on his own.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:49 PM, Faulkner said:

DAYS will trot out James Reynolds once a year to cry and win an Emmy and call him a lead. 

How he wound up in the lead category AND winning is completely beyond me.  But a token is a token.  

They look at the material, not how often someone is on the air.

The practice, IMO, is dated, but I get it. I don't like it.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:14 AM, ajsp35801 said:

Angelica thinks she is. Hence her push for Latinos. 

She needs to push a little harder.

I feel like she doesn't have the influence people want her to have.

On 8/11/2018 at 5:20 PM, Darn said:

Everyone is old and white, it's like they're not paying attention to the changing shape of the country at all.

What, you mean you aren't surrounded in a town with all white people and a few tokens? The HELL you say?

It's sad we can't have proper diversity on soaps.