Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
frequentsoapfan

GH Recasts Jordan

Recommended Posts

Jordan is a pointless character who never needed a recast. What they need is better black characters. (Which are very clearly never forthcoming.)

Edited by Vee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Vee said:

Jordan is a pointless character who never needed a recast. What they need is better black characters. (Which are very clearly never forthcoming.)

 

Vinessa is a fine actress but relegated to just a black person on a soap.  All these soaps have to do is pretend these POC are white and they'd get the same stories as their counterparts.  Jordan is TJ's mother, but he's off contract as they gave Kiki his SL.  Why couldn't both be med students?  Why not more of Jordan and TJ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

 

Vinessa is a fine actress but relegated to just a black person on a soap.  All these soaps have to do is pretend these POC are white and they'd get the same stories as their counterparts.  Jordan is TJ's mother, but he's off contract as they gave Kiki his SL.  Why couldn't both be med students?  Why not more of Jordan and TJ? 

 

No black leads! You know that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John said:

Vanessa is 35/36 correct

 

Y&R was looking to cast 19-21 when they cast Esmerelda on YR in 2013 but Briana could be older

I clearly remember she had just graduated college when they cast her. Plus in the movie I saw her in from 3 years ago she came across as mid 20s

2 hours ago, Darn said:

 

Not one. All of them are biracial. It's one of the saddest things I've ever seen. At least the 90s had Olivia. And a decade ago we had Davetta for a short while. Sigh.

 

I did some insta-stalking and I'm gathering this actress is not yet 30. She was a toddler in the 90s.

 

 

I was just pointing that out the other day with Y&R. Even Mishael herself was mixed with Indian. Hilary was biracial though. Lily, Neil, and Devon are all black people played by biracials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, frequentsoapfan said:

I clearly remember she had just graduated college when they cast her. Plus in the movie I saw her in from 3 years ago she came across as mid 20s

I was just pointing that out the other day with Y&R. Even Mishael herself was mixed with Indian. Hilary was biracial though. Lily, Neil, and Devon are all black people played by biracials.

Devon is biracial. 

 

I never got Mishael was mixed with anything. At least no more than the average black person.  Where you hear that? 

Edited by ajsp35801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Faulkner said:

My immediate first thought? Wow, they went several shades lighter.

 

not at all. It's just the lighting/make up in that headshot. Google is your fran. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

Devon is biracial. 

 

I never got Mishael was mixed with anything. At least no more than the average black person.  Where you hear that? 

What is the average black person? You do know black people are different depending on where they're from. And her family is from Trinidad and Tobago. She's mixed with East Indian which is very common there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vee said:

What they need is better black characters.

 

Or -- and I know this goes without saying -- write the few they DO have with more purpose and definition.  Tokens are for Chuck E. Cheese's, not for television programs.

4 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

All these soaps have to do is pretend these POC are white and they'd get the same stories as their counterparts.

 

Then, you'd have people complaining that the characters aren't "Black enough."  (Or "Hispanic enough," or "Asian enough," and so on.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khan said:

 

Or -- and I know this goes without saying -- write the few they DO have with more purpose and definition.  Tokens are for Chuck E. Cheese's, not for television programs.

 

Then, you'd have people complaining that the characters aren't "Black enough."  (Or "Hispanic enough," or "Asian enough," and so on.)

 

This is true and this is something I’d accept in the 80s or 90s but not today. We shouldn’t be so hard up for representation that we’d accept anything. Primetime is showing that having a diverse behind the scenes staff can enrich the stories, but of course daytime is behind. I truly believe one of the main reasons people are drawn to Victoria Rowell is due to the input Bill Bell allowed her to have. That type of personalized experience being added into a story can do wonders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

What is the average black person? You do know black people are different depending on where they're from. And her family is from Trinidad and Tobago. She's mixed with East Indian which is very common there.

 

Exactly. I don't know one black person that doesn't have some racial make up other than black. Hence, average black person. I doubt most of those people would consider themselves mixed race either. I surely never saw Mishael purporting herself as a mixed race person. Which is why I asked why you referred to her as such. Are you assuming this because she's Trinidadian? Or did she say that? 

Edited by ajsp35801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Exactly. I don't know one black person that doesn't have some racial make up other than black. Hence, average black person. I doubt most of those people would consider themselves mixed race either. I surely never saw Mishael purporting herself as a mixed race person. Which is why I asked why you referred to her as such. Are you assuming this because she's Trinidadian? Or did she say that? 

Well clearly you aren't black with your average black person is mixed talked. Black people usually dont claim 10% whiteness from slave rape. And most are not East Indian. I'm not assuming anything with Mishael. I've seen her family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

Well clearly you aren't black with your average black person is mixed talked. Black people usually dont claim 10% whiteness from slave rape. And most are not East Indian. I'm not assuming anything with Mishael. I've seen her family. 

 

Seen her family where? On pictures she posted online? In person? Unlike CK and LS, I've just never heard or seen Mishael refer to herself as mixed race. She may  be, I just never got it from any picture I've seen of her parents either. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Seen her family where? On pictures she posted online? In person? Unlike CK and LS, I've just never heard or seen Mishael refer to herself as mixed race. She may  be, I just never got it from any picture I've seen of her parents either. 

 

 

 

 

Your comparing her to people from a different culture. Just because you have heard her talk about being mixed race doesnt me she isn't. I've seen pictures of Mishael's family. She's a dougla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...