Bradley Bell "The Horrible HW of B&B"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I felt it was the best the show had been since 2002, which is when I felt the show turned a corner in the wrong direction. Alden did attempt B and C storylines and the canvas was more balanced. However, after Brad's initial run as solo HW, from 1996 - 2002, his bad habits and repetition became blatant and they've never stopped.

Brad really screwed up when he wrote off Tony Dominguez and Sophia Alonso and the whole Hispanic scene which could have been an awesome second wave of a new tentpole family. He also failed the Spectras dramatically and that hurt the show really badly. 

Brad "tried" with bringing on Jack Wagner, Lesley Anne Down, and Joe Mascolo as the Marone family...which was just an albatross to the show. Wagner was the worst, by far. 

Brad is like Ken Corday, he comes part of the package with the show. But what he desperately needs is to hand over the reigns to another writer, stay out of the creative direction of the show completely and work on promoting the show and selling B&B internationally. 

• Members

Lol it really was. It was just that one dayplayer fashion critic's line that went something along the lines of  "In my household, if it doesn’t get the approval of at least two ex-Dynasty stars, I don‘t put it on. Simple as that!" Was Bradley in some type of bubble when he wrote that line?

Even something like Sheila returns he can't pull off. The 2003 return was ridiculous and looked like and was plotted like a 1960's Batman episode. This past return was an initial surprise but quickly devolved into something a portrait and hijinks with Charlie and Pam only and spying on Wyatt and Katie. Even the scenes with James fell tragically flat. 

Other things I hadn't added to the list but someone else pointed out to me @Cat @YRfan23:

• Taylor getting pregnant with Nick and Brooke's embryo for who knows what reason. Actually whatever happened to that kid, Jack appearantly hasn't been seen or mentioned since Christmas 2011!! Chuck Cunningham syndrome? 
  • Beth Logan's drowning
  • Stephanie lets Brooke get date raped!
  • CONSTANTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Owen and Jackie go parasailing! 
  • Taylor marries a horse!
  • Brad is fixated on telling miscarriage stories for his show's Emmy reel. Amber had two, Bridget had like three or four, Katie had one, Brooke has a fake one and a real one, and Steffy had one. 

The list is endless really. 

• Members

How bout Taylor’s TB when she “died” giving birth to the twins...😁😁

or even better....Rick deciding he HAD to have Jackie for himself, so much he and Owen chased Each other around covered in white power and wearing nothing but their undies....

While we are on the “Dynasty” train...

-Brooke and Taylor have mud fights and lily pond fights, as an attempt to “work through their issues”

- Rocco randomly returns for 1 episode after being MIA since 1988....it’s revealed he HATES Rick like everyone else did in 2008/2009 and we even get teased that he and Thorne were the ones trying to kill Rick...

-Todd McKee returns as Jake, and is a complete extra for the past decade...

-psycho Stephen Logan teaming up with former Sheila henchmen Mike Guthrie..

-Owens out of the blue twin brother who pulls an “Ashton Kutcher” on Jackie...

• Members

The list continues...

- Bill Spencer Sr leaves a dvd message for dollar Bill, saying he must destroy the Logan sisters for the sake of Stephanie..

- Justin/Donna

- Katie and Jackie being enemies for 2 seconds

- Stephanie has another stroke, and instead of being treated...Bridget and Nick lead a “we love Stephanie” cheer, (S-TE-PHANIE!!!) Stephanie Is forced to join in for her own celebration, while Poor Susan Flannery rolls her eyes and looks humiliated... 

• Members

I think everything from 2007-2011 was really the nadir when I actually quit watching for a while with oddly the original incarnation of Hope/Liam/Steffy being the show's saving grace actually. Of course everything since 2015 has been completely downhill straight back to where the show was during it's nadir phase.  

• Members

I agree that Sasha really could be a great manipulative bitch. She's what the show needs, a scheming social climber. Talk about lost potential. I guess this show is all about wasting potential. If you're relationship can't be borderline incestuous, Brad Bell has no use for you.

• Members

If we’re talking lost potential (what a show is vs. what it could be), B&B owns the discussion. The Bells have always had a limited vision of B&B in spite of its diverse, flashy Los Angeles locale and fashion industry backdrop. It’s basically just an incestuous but oddly conservative family drama focused on a handful of core characters, and that has really never changed (as long as I’ve been watching, at least). Now that budgets are shrinking, that feeling is more pronounced.

Archived