Bradley Bell "The Horrible HW of B&B"

• Members

LOL, the other LEAP OF FAITH Bell made with this story was that the Poussay Poussay Poussay song (played every episode in the week leading up to PenetrationGate) was so hot 'n orgasmic that it made Brooke take leave of her senses. "This song makes me feel sooooo sexy!" she told Ridge, a propos of nothing, a day or two before. If I recall correctly, one of Brooke's explanations afterwards for this mess was that the song and club atmosphere were so intoxicating that they might have numbed her ability to differentiate between her 50+ year-old Ken Doll hubby and a fumbling, mouth-breathing teenager.

What was Brooke smoking at this club? What was BELL smoking when he wrote this? We will never know.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The ridiculousness of Quinn is well documented, but like many Bell things, she's here today, gone tomorrow. Look at Rena's eppy count. It's like the Spectras and Thorne. No real long term plans. 

However, we get small breaks from Liam but then Brad overcompensates by having Liam on 32 days a month and EVERYONE is talking about how wonderful he is. Bell's fascination with Liam/Scott is ridiculous!  Quinn will no doubt go wacko again and eat up loads of airtime but it will pass and we are back to Liam. 

I loather trash Quinn and love that she's been reduced to nothing, but Bold is definitely the Liam Half Hour. 

• Members

Same. Sarah Buxton literally kept Sunset Beach afloat the last few months, she is an effervescent actress made for soaps. I wish she were still on a soap somewhere.

Amber half-hour, oy, don't get me started. Becky was killed off for this character!

That was epic! And then she slo-mo pulled the mask off and had that smug little smile like the cat that got the cream! And the song went slightly distorted and nightmarish and you could tell Oliver's stomach was dropping out of his body lol.

Poussay poussay poussay was literally the last pre-Liam hurrah, because literally a week or two later, Liam showed up as the IT guy who fell for Hope.

Still don't understand how Darin Brooks as Wyatt has lasted so long on the show. Probably has to do with Rena Sofer playing his mom. 

• Members

I guess AF felt threatened by Becky's popularity (and to be honest, she was much prettier than Amber).

I just remembered that the show wanted to sell AF and Brian Gaskill's Oscar Marone as the new "hot" couple for a second in 2003. 

Please register in order to view this content

And what about the Taylor replacement Tricia Quick who lasted 3 months? She only had one memorable scene (see below). I still wonder why Bell simply didn't recast Taylor back then instead of bringing in that boring clone, considering he recast so many other characters (with actors who don't resemble their predecessors at all).

• Members

Yeah, I definitely felt that Becky was sidelined so as to not overshadow Bell's pet, AF. Personally I resented the hell out of AF during her entire run.

Brain Gaskill! Tricia Quick! All these people I blocked from my memory!  Oh, and remember Bell's two-minute lesbian SL involving Joanna Johnson as Karen and Crystal Chappell? Bell trying to jump on the coattails of Chappell's mediatised web-soap.

Honestly, I feel so bad for anybody who is hired by Bradley Bell in hopes of a great new part and SL. It's not fan apathy which does them in, it's head-writer apathy. Bottom line, Bell has no ideas. And a lot of talented actors (and not-so-talented ones) have been wasted as a result.

• Members

At least Ridge's response was hilariously understanding and forgiving of it. I forget the exact dialogue but Ridge came off as unphased, just smiled and basically said "Only could something like this happen to you Logan." 

Somebody at CBS had the hots for Brian Gaskill as he later popped up again at ATWT and GL and failed both times. Tricia Quick I remember her more memorable scene was with Sally in disguise as a hot tub repairman other than that, I just remember SOD naming Tricia as Worst New Character of 2002 because she was a Taylor clone.  

I suppose it was because recasting like that wasn't that easy at the time like it has been this past decade. 

Archived