Bradley Bell "The Horrible HW of B&B"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!  Like I said in the episode counts thread Brad is now neck and neck  in the running with Jean Holloway, Tom Langan, Ellen Weston, Latham, and his own sister-in-law MAB for the distinction of being worst head writer in American daytime history. 

A list of dropped story ideas, his own crazy schemes, and dropped characters? That's a LONG list, but here's his most infamous ones: 

• Dr. Pierce Peterson and his creepy assistant Bailey(?) I think. 
  • Whatever happened to Connor anyways?
  • Ridge is Massimo's son!
  • Clarke has a long lost son! We never see either of them again!
  • Amber's twin April! 
  • Eric has a Lolita storyline with Caitlin!
  • Bridget develops feelings for Ridge!
  • Anything about Taylor post her 2005 return from the dead. 
  • Bringing in a rotating roster named stars for "big roles" such as Sydney Penny, Lorenzo Lamas, Linda Gray, Stephanie Beacham, Mario Lopez, Sarah Brown, Ric Hearst, Antonio Sabato Jr. and Patrick Duffy only drop them after a while. 
  • Leslie Kay comes on as Felicia steals the show's thunder. Therefore she must be backburned! 
  • Nick and Katie's island nightmare post her heart surgery!
  • Betty White dies on the beach.
  • Pam and Donna go on The Price is Right. 
  • Brooke lets a masked Oliver penetrate her because she thought it was Ridge!
  • Kill all the Spectras--Grant, Macy, Darla, Becky, Aly etc. 
  • Brooke and Thomas get stuck on an island and ingest aphrodisiac berries!
  • Brooke is pregnant with Bill Spencer's baby!

Ho boy, this could last all day.........

• Members

I honestly don’t know what can be done about Brad Bell. It’s like Ken Corday at DAYS. He just comes with the package.

You definitely see how the show pays for remotes and stunts by drastically cutting corners day-to-day, like shooting most of the scenes in Liam’s grungy hotel room.

Is the show as popular internationally as it was 10-15 years ago?

• Members

Oh good god, I forgot all about Kyle Lowder's Rick and all of his stories i.e. the triangle between him, Taylor, and Phoebe. 

@YRfan23 Beacham was on the show in 2004 as the official spokesperson for Jackie's new line at Spectra. In hindsight I think Beacham played herself because now I remember the bizarre line of some fashion critic made on the show we all howled at in the message boards at the time. 

• Members

Killing Aly off destroyed the show for me. She wasn't a front burner character by any means but she could have fit in well alongside Nicole/Zende. Other things going on with the show at the time (summer 2015 maybe?) just soured it all for me. Tried again with Sheila's return but that was a waste of time. 

As was said in the main thread B&B is the one show that could play off the trashiness of reality TV with Steffy, Liam, Hope, Carter, etc in the workplace by day and clubs by night but doesn't. 

• Members

Killing Aly in July 2015 was the moment the show completely lost momentum and began churning out bad after bad stories and couplings. 

The incest is just stupid now. In one set of scenes, people are speaking about the awful ickiness of Bill bedding his son’s wife. In the next scenes, you have Wyatt all giggly talking about falling for Katie... Bill’s ex-wife and mother of his half-brother. Like really? This coupling is to be cheered on? 

• Members

I know of its international fame (dwindling I assume), but it seems so wrong to me that this show outlasted big kahuna's like ATWT, GL, AMC & OLTL. The reasons are understanble, but at the end of the day B&B has never had that punch of notoriety that is invoked by merely it's name alone.

Archived