ALL: Recasts you mentally treat as separate characters.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Too much like early Kay on Passions in my opinion. While I found Kay(and the revolving door of Kay actresses) to be at least the most entertaining one out of the teen/young adult set Jan was not and too one dimensional. I did feel bad when Jan was raped by Nicole's father and she got pregnant but then the story became really boring and poorly acted in my opinion. Jan however was not as bad as Willow Stark a couple years later. 

• Members

I know that RH alone could own this thread, but special mention must be made of The Five Faces of Frank. He was the rare adult character who got younger and handsomer as the years went on. I guess it was SORAS in reverse!! Thomas Slater aka Michael Hawkins (Christian Slater's real-life estranged father) originated the role and was born in 1935 (or 1938, according to other sources). He was succeeded by Andrew Robinson (born 1942), Daniel Hugh Kelly (born 1952), Geoffrey Pierson (born 1949) and John Sanderford (born 1952).

• Members

With so many OLTL mentions, the one that stood out to me is Jerry verDorn as Clint. Granted, the role was, quite literally, made for Clint Ritchie so nobody was going to even come close. Clint (the actor and character) was my favorite on OLTL and I really also liked Jerry on GL so, while I liked Jerry being on OLTL, it was just so different. It was like Ross Marler with a bit of a cowboy flavor. 

I thought AR's Frank was great as Mary's brother, they had a great sibling chemistry and it's where he and Kate Mulgrew started their lifelong friendship. But he didn't quite fit what I think was the JFK mold they seemed to have intended with Frank. Terrific actor but he just had a few things working against him, I think. The Dirty Harry thing, plus, with his looks, he seemed less like a stereotypical hunky leading man and more of a character actor. More Emmy-worthy than Sexiest Man of the Year type thing.

Archived