ALL: Recasts you mentally treat as separate characters.

• Members

Greg Vaughan as Lucky Spencer. Not in a bad way. Greg's Lucky was believable as a police officer and I could definitely picture him as Laura's son, Nik's brother and Lulu's big brother. For some reason, he didn't seem like Luke's son, even calling him 'cowboy' fell flat. Greg was great when Lucky went through his pill addiction and I think he and Natalia Livingston's Emily would've looked nice together, physically as a pair.

Clearly under tragic circumstances, but Michael Morrison was a perfect Caleb on ATWT. No disrespect to Graham Winton. Michael played him with a great balance, especially when it came to his many feuds with Holden. 

Someone also mentioned Scott Bryce and Hunt Block. Those were two different Craigs, but I liked both portrayals -- especially Hunt when Bryant died. The other Craigs were utter disasters, but that's a story for another day, especially anything post-2008 on ATWT. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Plus, Jamie Luner was too sultry, for lack of a better word, compared to Marcy Walker.  I mean, can you really see Liza, as played by Marcy Walker, having sex with Zach on that poker table (or whatever the hell it was)?  

Agree.  Plus, wasn't BMH a blonde?  To me, that was a BIG change when, up to that point, all the Joeys and Kevins (Jack Armstrong notwithstanding) had been dark-haired and -eyed?

Speaking of OLTL, has anyone mentioned Cord and Tina's daughter, Sarah?  Shanelle Workman and Justis Bolding.  Two actresses who couldn't be more different, IMO; and yet....

• Members

You’re very right about Vaughn. He also had great chemistry with Kelly Monaco and actually came off as a believable romantic rival to Jason physically. When JJ returned, he looked like some little teenager playing dress up with some of the other actors.

• Members

Susan Batten as Connor Walsh

Jacob Young as Lucky

Hunk Block as Craig Montgomery

Noelle Beck as Lily Walsh

Kelley Hensley as Emily Stewart

Roger Howarth as Paul Ryan

Grayson McCouch as Dusty Donavan

Marj and Joan Collins as Alex Spaulding

Daniel Pilon as Alan Spaulding

• Members

Absolutely. They had great chemistry. One of the songs that played during their romance turned into one of my favourite tunes that year.

GV, while incredibly gorgeous, has also fit in on every show he's been on -- even thinking back to BH 90210, Charmed and all the way to DOOL.

• Members

Carmen Duncan's Iris on AW. I eventually grew to like her but she was so different from Beverlee McKinsey that I never really accepted her as the same character. She was like an Iris from a parallel dimension.

And I agree with the poster that said Jamie Lyn Bauer's Laura Horton -- weak, whimpering Jamie Lyn was nothing at all like Susan Flannery's strong and uber-capable Laura, or even Rosemary Forsyth's more stoic interpretation of the character. 

• Members

Totally! It would be jarring when they would bring up Alex's history as Marj would never have been able to tackle those scenes like Bev. I love Marj , but always thought of her as an ex showgirl type who married into the Spaulding family and not Alex..which is actually how they should have brought her on...(would have loved if she had married H.B. off camera and inherited all his Lewis stock and suprise, Spaulding stock too, so she could have been a thorn in the side of both families!

• Members

I'm reluctant to hate on Marj as Alexandra, if only because I feel like the writing did neither the character nor the actress any favors.  Beverlee McKinsey herself intimated that they had lost sight of who Alex was as a woman as well as a mother and business executive.

• Members

Y&R

Scott Seymour, Billy Miller, Burgess Jenkins & Jason Thompson (Billy)

Susan Walters & Maura West (Diane)

Kelly Kruger & Rachel Kimsey (Mackenzie)

Brenda Epperson & Shari Shattuck (Ashley)

Eden Riegel & Jennifer Landon (Heather)

Michael Muhney & Justin Hartley (Adam)

Sarah Aldrich & Amelia Heinle (Victoria)

Tammin Sursok (Colleen)

Brenda Dickson & Deborah Adair (Jill)

Erica Hope (Nikki)

Peter Bergman (Jack)

Monica Potter & Heidi Mark (Sharon)

Andrea Evans & Stacy Haiduk (Patty)

Gina Tognoni (Phyllis)

Debbi Morgan (Yolanda)

Stephen Nichols (Tucker)

David Lee Russek (Sean)

Victoria Mallory (Leslie)

David Hasselhoff (Snapper)