Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

In a way, seeing how awful Joss really is breaks my heart, because his dad, Tom Whedon, happens to be one of my all-time favorite sitcom writers.  The elder Whedon's work was always so smart, regardless of the shows he was working on.  But now I have to wonder wtf did he do to his son for him to turn out like that.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know I'm going to read that article myself eventually but I'm not looking forward to it. 

While I'm still a fan of the work, yeah I'm cannot believe how oblivious he is. Then again, a person who would let an article like that be released on MLK Day screams tone deaf. Especially in these times. The irony that he has become a dinosaur in today's tv culture where he was once the trendsetter is not lost on me. 

Oh, well...at least I still have Pierce Brown and FARSCAPE to inspire me. 

• Members

It is disgusting to me that Billy Bush still treats this incident as if he was the victim and not Arianne Zucker.  Has he ever publicly offered her an apology?  Has he ever promoted her career on one of his shows?  Has he ever interviewed her on how she coped with the humiliation of trying to do her job while two grown men giggled behind her back saying they would "grab her by the !@#$%^&*]"?  After all, Billy Bush got 10 million dollars and then bounced right back to a new show, while many still don't know Ms. Zucker's name.

https://twitter.com/DailyMailCeleb/status/1484324898738561028?s=20

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10423655/Billy-Bush-opens-alcohol-abuse-fired-NBC.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailceleb

Edited by j swift

• Members

Researched it, six years, 10 million dollars, and one NY Times op-ed piece, "Bushy" has never offered an apology to Ms. Zucker

From NY Magazine

Put yourself in the shoes of Zucker, who now knows Bush’s on-camera attempt to get Trump and Zucker to kiss was preceded moments before by Trump telling Bush about how he grabs women by their genitals. If you were Zucker, the audio tape might sting a bit less if Bush acknowledged that you weren’t just a body to be objectified but a successful actress with a hugely loyal fan base.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/opinion/billy-bush-trump-access-hollywood-tape.html

Edited by j swift

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Since this has been put in this thread for awhile, I thought it should go here - some excerpts from the new Evan Ross Katz BTVS oral history floating around, particularly re: the BTS drama. It does deal with the Whedon of it all as well. Most of the actors seem to sympathize with Sarah Michelle Gellar being used as a target by Whedon and/or the higher-ups to stir up aggression. (Alyson Hannigan and David Boreanaz declined to be interviewed.) I'm not using direct quotes because these are all from press coverage. @DRW50 @Khan

Emma Caulfield (Anya):

Julie Benz (Darla):

Amber Benson (Tara):

SMG:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

This is a sad piece of news, as I've always admired Langella's work and I love Mike Flanagan's as well, and I was looking forward to seeing Langella work with him. More admirable, though, that Flanagan acted so quickly.

Edited by Vee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...