cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Have to admit that I was always skeptical of this group, due to its 'top-down' hierarchy. I know that a grassroots organization would be unlikely to get as much attention in the beginning, but it would have been more likely to get more credibility and just maybe have avoided these traps, at least in the beginning. A grassroots structure with perhaps some support from prominent women might have prevented this, because when you place the well-heeled and the well-connected in these positions of power, you are likely to have problems, especially when it comes to other well-connected and well-heeled people being the focus of investigations and scrutiny.

Someone posted a link this article, in a nifty non-paywall format.

• Members

A warning that this report may be triggering, so please keep this in mind, as to whether you want to listen to the details included in this summary of court room testimony.

Also of note, the first man to accuse Kelly of sexual abuse came forward to present testimony several days ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This is worse, tbh. In a way, this is so bad that it seems like the cockamamie story she concocted about her "cousin's friend" was an attempt to divert attention from this public appearance by her husband's accuser, which, surely she knew was coming. It is unlikely to work, in that respect, as the interview has now broken into the national/international media.

It's been a very busy day, so I admit to posting this clip without having had the chance to see it, so in advance, I am attaching a Trigger Warning .

• Members

I did manage to see the video. That poor woman looks broken and enduring what she has been through, why wouldn't she?

It's terrible that she has been threatened over the year and had been pressured to recant so many times.

Edited by DramatistDreamer