Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

Oh right, are you referring to Natalie Wood? I was referring to Jean Spangler, she was an aspiring actress who vanished in 1949 and has never been found, she worked on a film with Kirk Douglas and when she disappeared he called the police and told them he knew of her from the movie but they were not involved. Though she was apparently 3 months pregnant when she vanished and may have been seeing someone who was married and or famous (an actor maybe??)

My theory, she was seeing a married man, when she found out she was pregnant she may have organised an abortion, in 1949 this was very dangerous and she probably died during the proceedure. Whoever was responsible probably buried her in the desert. 

Edited by will81

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This is the first time I've ever heard about Beverly Johnson and Chris Noth. Back in '95 I watched so little television and if it didn't have to do with my studies, I wouldn't know about it at all.

It's so sad to me that although these allegations were public, they were pretty much brushed under the rug. I wonder why?

• Members

I remember reading about Beverly Johnson's claims against Chris Noth way back when the Black Voices message board was active. This never got much attention because it seemed that only the tabloids picked it up. At the time there was no way that a black woman (even one an accomplished one) would have been believed over a popular white actor.