Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Getting past the initial shock it was a pretty strange case tbh. It seemed like the entire rest of the family (including the parents) were implying the nephew was deeply unwell and had a long history. That doesn't mean they can't have all lined up behind Ricky to shut him up and secure the bag, of course.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I just saw the headline (it’s been a pretty busy day) and didn’t one of Ricky’s managers quit over these allegations, claiming that she was tired of protecting Martin? What was that about? 
Strange indeed. And makes me wonder whether there may be lasting damage from this since the allegations were so heinous.

• Members

That's news to me if so. I do know he is in a money dispute with one of his ex-reps/managers who made a point of claiming she shielded him from a 'potentially career-ending allegation,' which is clearly this.

• Members

Ex-manager and she’s suing Martin, so there’s that.

It’s just really tangled and being hit with all these negative allegations with people who have supposedly known him for a long time just paints a unfortunate picture. He’s doing something at the Hollywood Bowl, so for now, there doesn’t seem to be any negative blowback.

• Members

I see.

I agree. Since one of my jobs is in the postal industry, I can say I still see him  on plenty of covers whether it is about his music, being a representative of gay people, or just in magazines about his home decor. And he's been highly visible from what I can tell in the last year or so. So I am really curious to see how this will be handled. 

• Members

I believe it. Twitter melted down for two days straight. In more ways than one to boot. It had actually finally lessened until the news above from what I can tell. So...I wait to see if just the allegation will still hit his brand. 

THIS.

And now...has the damage been done? 

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 weeks later...