Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am not going to go on about how this will ruin careers, because it won't - this is the industry, basically. I think my mistake was in confusing Steven Yeun with some of the characters he has played and forgetting that this industry is so often just bile and abuse, and the worst being rewarded or enabled (like Choe seems to have been by a number of people, including Anthony Bourdain [who, as we know, had toxic ties all the way to his last day]). And of course both Yeun and Ali Wong are friendly with Bobby Lee (who has his own history of "joking" comments about assault) and Tiffany Haddish as well. Patterns in patterns. I'm disappointed, really disappointed, but that's on me for being naive. 

I was also reminded when I saw Bill Hader, who is often billed in interviews as being a recluse, out for a paparazzi stroll with Ali Wong, that Hader is best friends with Fred Armisen, who has his own steamer trunk level of baggage. 

This is the reminder I needed that even if I admired the talent of certain artists, I shouldn't see them as anything ever worth more than the minimum level - flickers on a screen. I definitely won't be watching anything else by any of the people involved in this (Hader, Wong, Yeun), not that they are going to need my very limited money anyway. They're all doing great - they know how to play the game, and we're just left to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Except, Matthew said it was an Oscar-winning director, and Singer has not won an Oscar for directing. I've seen many suggest it could be one of the Russo brothers. But, whoever it is, it's disgusting. Especially since the Russo brothers have been involved in Marvel films.

• Members

Yeah, I noticed that too but he could have just assumed or gotten it wrong as well. The only directors who’ve won directing Oscars and directed Marvel movies are Ang Lee (The Hulk) and Chloe Zhao (Eternals), unless I’m forgetting someone. There are many directors who’ve won Producing or Screenwriting Oscars too like Taika Waititi but the timeline doesn’t fit as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...