Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

One of the worst PR videos I've ever seen. Not that it's going to affect them much, career-wise, but they were just half-assing the whole way through. This whole mess has led people to compile various clips of the way Mila Kunis was spoken about when she was on the show (joining at 14), the way Ashton spoke about 15-year old Hilary Duff, etc. I remember those times, and yet it still makes my blood run cold. 

(not that today's times are much better)

• Members

Admittedly, I haven’t seen it but I will take your word for it. They probably had to be dragged by their PR people to make the video in the first place. It’s anybody’s guess whether they are being sincere or worried about future opportunities. But I have noticed a lot of people doing and saying ignorant things, only to reverse themselves or try a tactic to cast themselves in better lights. That’s the PR machine at work, it seems to be in overdrive, which surprised me because I would have thought the strike would have slowed them down but I guess ignorance and stupidity are clearly not on strike.

• Members

^^The London Times also has a podcast where the reporters discuss how they went about conducting their investigation and reporting on this story. From the headlines alone, it feels as though I will have to wait until I can stomach the details of these events. Sadly, I can’t say that I am surprised as Brand has always come off as a very off-putting wannabe cult leader.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Julia Ormond is suing Harvey Weinstein for sexual battery as well as CAA, Disney and Miramax (wait…there’s still a Miramax to sue?). She is also suing well known agents Kevin Huvane and Bryan Lourd of CAA.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/julia-ormond-harvey-weinstein-lawsuit-battery-caa-disney-1235744853/

• Members

This doesn't surprise me at all. Ormond is another up and coming female star who was the flavor of the month in the mid-'90s and then (like Gretchen Mol or Annabella Sciorra) her career vanished very, very fast. The next time I saw her again was in Inland Empire around a decade later when she began to recover a career in arthouse work.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Bryan Fuller is being sued for sexual harassment on his Shudder queer horror doc.

I love a lot of his work but some of what's described here definitely sounds on brand for his excessively horny public persona. I wish I could say there aren't already too many LGBT people who operate like this in a professional capacity. The BTS personnel testimonials for either side of this accusation are already flying back and forth of course alleging that either party is the real problem, and some of it seems to suggest a turf war over the documentary and its content. I'd love to believe it's not true but I don't easily do that, so I'll see how it shakes out. Either way, gross.

Edited by Vee