Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To say that these allegations being made by the singer Cassie against Sean Combs are serious would be a massive understatement. A few months ago when the news was released that Combs had finally returned the masters of many of the songs that he had been holding the rights to back to the original artists, a few people speculated that some damaging revelations about him were likely soon to come out. That statement stuck in the back of my mind for some time and now it seems quite prescient.

• Members

Mase certainly didn’t take that deal. It makes me wonder how many artists actually took the deal, if any. I imagine that he had little need to buy the silence of most of the male artists, unless they were witnesses to some incident, but the no disparaging comments aspect would probably interest Combs with the male artists as well as the female artists. I am curious though, as to how many former artists took that deal.

Sadly, nothing surprises me about the depravity of the alleged behavior of these so-called titans of the music industry. I had been warned by some women who had shifted out of the music industry into other aspects of the entertainment industry, that some of the things that went on in the music industry were revolting. You know it’s bad when women are fleeing the music industry to “escape” to the film industry.

Honestly, I don’t know much about Cassie as I stopped listening to mainstream R&B music about 15 years ago, but I do remember that I couldn’t make it through watching Making The Band because I got the distinct impression that Combs enjoyed humiliating the aspiring musicians on that show. It’s not a giant leap from smaller but persistent humiliations to big ones.

• Members

Yeah, I remember him making the girls go all the way from uptown Manhattan to Brooklyn to get him some cheesecake or something late at night. There was a cruelty to reality-competition TV that people reveled in back in the 2000s and it was quite revealing. There was a nakedness to it, as if, “Get ready, this is just the tip of the iceberg of what you’ll have to deal with as you navigate this industry, so suck it up.”

• Members

Absolutely. I remember that episode too. They had to go from Harlem to Junior’s which is in downtown Brooklyn, all for his cheesecake, a lengthy journey by subway, let alone on foot. Just insane and sadistic. Back then, one got a sense that in the late 90s to the early part of the 00s, those Bad Boy folks really thought they ran things.

• Members

Why am I not surprised? 

Having lived in Harlem during the late 90s, early ‘00s, I can tell you that any guy that worked for Bad Boy thought they had the city on a string. More than once I had to tell a guy “So?” when he would bother me and then proudly proclaim that he worked for Bad Boy, as if that was supposed to mean something huge. I would say, “that’s very nice for you, but please leave me alone “. Creepy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Please don’t ask me how, but in a weird way, I knew this was a possibility. The accuser’s identity didn’t come to mind though as I was thinking exclusively of So You Think You Can Dance.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/paula-abdul-sues-american-idol-producer-nigel-lythgoe-over-sexual-assault-claims/ar-AA1mebPv

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Fortunately for me, I don’t know anything about this man but those quotes attributed to him are so revolting! This statement of consent is being used as a constant refrain now, so much so, that it strips the statement of all genuine meaning.
And then there are the anonymous trolls in the comments declaring that, unless these women are willing to put their names out there to the public, they shouldn’t be taken seriously…all the while said trolls are declaring this…anonymously.

I know we should never judge a “book by its cover” but his statements present an “image” of him that is truly vile.

Edited by DramatistDreamer