Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've never had to work with him directly but apparently a producer I once worked for had co-produced a play with him and others that ran on Broadway at the time I was working with this particular producer. The fact that someone who worked for him fled to work with Harvey Weinstein, an ogre, is a pretty vivid illustration of how much of a hellscape it must have been to work with him.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the arts and entertainment is always on a knife's edge in terms of success and failure because of the rampant toxicity embedded in these industries?

• Members

Noel Clarke has become a considerable star in the UK since his Doctor Who days. I was always very happy for him though I never got around to watching much of his other projects. Now, well, I wish I could say I was completely shocked by this given what I'd heard of some of the content in some (not all) of them. Awful.

• Members

Fast Girls and Kidulthood are two films that I always meant to watch but never did. I am unfamiliar with this actor, as I cannot claim to have seen anything he has been in. That being said, I hope a thorough investigation will be conducted and justice will be done.

Society has a huge problem in the way it allows some people to engage in reprehensible behavior, while others are left to suffer inequity and mistreatment. There must be a way to make wholesale, meaningful change for the better, while not losing sight of individuals at the root of these issues. I personally am tired of it, I want it fixed for the better. It's kept too many people with massive potential in the shadows, making do with less while horrible people seem to thrive.