Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

BAFTA gets called out, and here’s the money quote:

One casting director, who asked to remain anonymous, tells Variety that Clarke was known in the industry as being a problematic figure to work with. She believes that part of the problem is the normalization of bullying behaviour and misconduct, with few meaningful avenues for people to report their concerns and be taken seriously.

“Nobody feels brave enough to speak out; we’re all used to being bullied. It’s almost like it’s part and parcel of the job,” she says. “It’s in the DNA. It’s all these little things that are not normal, that become normalized and then it’s like, where are the Ghostbusters? Who are we going to call?”

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Now allegations are being made about Noel’s DW days and John Barrowman has also been named (for exposing himself—which we’ve known for years—he admits to “tomfoolery”):

Edited by Faulkner

I have already said this but I have wondered just how toxic the atmosphere was on the first season of Doctor Who. The main reason Christopher Eccleston quit was apparently due to a director, but I wonder...

Barrowman has skirted the line for years now. 

2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I have already said this but I have wondered just how toxic the atmosphere was on the first season of Doctor Who. The main reason Christopher Eccleston quit was apparently due to a director, but I wonder...

I think it was the entire institutional environment - IIRC the claim was he had a huge problem with the director of Aliens of London/World War III, Keith Boak (who did not return AFAIK), but that he also felt Phil Collinson, RTD, etc. had failed to back him up or support him on the issue.

25 minutes ago, Vee said:

I think it was the entire institutional environment - IIRC the claim was he had a huge problem with the director of Aliens of London/World War III, Keith Boak (who did not return AFAIK), but that he also felt Phil Collinson, RTD, etc. had failed to back him up or support him on the issue.

Thanks. I shouldn't cloud the Clarke allegations with other matters, but hearing about them just makes me even more wary of what was going on at the time.

Oh, I think it's very worth talking about Barrowman.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always found something a little off about him, even before the rumors started going around, but now I just find everything about him terrifying. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 3:56 PM, DRW50 said:

I've always found something a little off about him, even before the rumors started going around, but now I just find everything about him terrifying. 

Same.