• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At some point, we have to sit back and say "hmmmm...something doesn't make sense".  Either Sally let Greg go and decided a character completely worthless to the canvas should be brought back immediately or all knew she was on the way out and reversed her decision.  There's no way Sally made both decisions!  No way!  

• Members

When I came into Y&R last September, I had one day's notice to start the job. I had been traveling in France with my feature documentary [Midnight Return: The Story of Billy Hayes and Turkey], and hadn't been watching the show for several years. So, I had nothing prepared and never have started a job like that before.'

Thinking about future stories for Y&R was the furthest thing from my mind, so I just made up a bunch of stuff because I hadn't gotten the chance to write a long-term yet. At that point, I honestly didn't think I could make six months in the job.

Please register in order to view this content

Well at least she's honest. All of this was blatantly obvious about her tenure 3 weeks in but its nice to get confirmation. I can't believe some of you are still in here deflecting blame or excusing her failures. That Bell association goes a long way, I tell you....

I don't know why she of all people was even offered the gig in the first place, no one was clamoring for the woman who came up with Shelia's poisoned necklace to come back. Its too bad she's taken Kay Alden down with her because if anyone deserved this chance it was Kay.

I'm willing to give Mal a chance but he cast all of these bland newbies and continues to showcase these horrible charisma less actors and chemistry free couples so..I'm not holding my breath.

• Members

I do think that Sally is trying not to burn any bridges and that includes falling on her own sword, even for the things that may not have directly been of her doing.

But, reading the interview I got the distinct impression that some statements and sentiments were downright contradictory. All that she was saying didn't quite pass the 'smell test' for me either.

• Members

How could she not be prepared though? Have we forgotten that she had a bible already and used it when she applied for the position a while back? Maybe the lies she told in the interview was her bible. No wonder she didn't get hired the first time.

• Members

If they were just looking for a filler, they should have used someone on staff. I don't hate Sally as much as most of you seem to, but I will say that she didn't damage the show. If anything she kinda leveled it, and I'm the first to say that she bored my balls off. What she did do, however, was make the canvas plain enough that when a new writer comes on there's a semblance of characters to build from. 

She definitely didn't "decimate" the show though.

Archived