• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phillip faking his death because he was gay wasn't a bad idea.

The problem was that the show never played the beats of the story for Katherine, Jill & Nina (beyond their initial shock at his return).

That and Bierdz not being able to act sunk a potentially groundbreaking story.

• Members

True. Propping is a cheat. A fast track to building empathy. Which is probably why this pairing won't work with the older generation. The concern for Cassiah is too tied to winning out over Hilary. 

That's the question of the friggin hour. Story wise, maybe they thought Mariah needed the "perfect guy" to pass over for Tessa to show that they are a love story for the ages. She chooses love instead of comfort and security. She's willing to give it all up for this once in a lifetime love. But that's all I got. 

• Members

Which is why I feel like this story should have been done with Cassie (when she was still alive) rather than her long-lost twin sister.  "Tessie" might have stood a better chance with the audience than "Marissa" since we had spent years watching Cassie grow into a young woman.

• Members

I could just see Jill refusing to attend Phillip and his beau's commitment ceremony (because gay marriage wouldn't have been possible back then) and Kay, adorned with her diamonds and fur coat, heading over to Jill's place on the way there in a last-ditch effort to coax her into attending.

Archived