• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
1 minute ago, Jerry675 said:

But in all seriousness Jean P might be too expensive bc they would have to bring her out of retirement. You kniw she has over 25 years in da biz.

Agnes Nixon had over 60. Bill Bell had over 50 . 25 is nice but it pales in comparison

• Members
55 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Most of not all of Sally's newbie characters will be gone....Tessa, Ravi, Gloria, Reed and Lauren's son....who has been boring since day 1 and has had his background changed so many times cause Sally was clueless...

Tessa is here until they decide to pair Cassiah with man again.

Scott ain't going nowhere. Neither is Jordan. Heard from a little birdie that Mal thinks the actor that plays Jordan is a stud with a capital S. 

But +1 on everyone else. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

And then Phillip coming back from the dead waving his rainbow flag was also awful.

Here, IMO, was the problem with THAT storyline: it wasn't enough that Phillip was back from the dead (a freaking huge development for ANY show -- and for Y&R especially, more than a little uncharacteristic).  No, Phillip is back from the dead AND he's gay.  Frankly, MAB and her team were asking the audience to accept too much.

• Members
1 minute ago, YRBB said:

He keeps switching personalities. LMAO

Apparently.

25 years "in da biz" and most of it was boring trash. She wrote ATWT terribly for half a decade.

1 minute ago, Khan said:

Here, IMO, was the problem with THAT storyline: it wasn't enough that Phillip was back from the dead (a freaking huge development for ANY show -- and for Y&R especially, more than a little uncharacteristic).  No, Phillip back from the dead AND he's gay.  Frankly, MAB and her team were asking the audience to accept too much.

Yep

• Members
1 minute ago, ajsp35801 said:

Scott ain't going nowhere. Neither is Jordan. Heard from a little birdie that Mal thinks the actor that plays Jordan is a stud with a capital S. 

But +1 on everyone else. 

All of Sally's additions have been a boring mess. I can't stand Tessa and Jordan is an awful actor.

• Members
2 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

But +1 on everyone else. 

Interesting. I feel like Mal had his hands in many of the newbies.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Khan said:

Here, IMO, was the problem with THAT storyline: it wasn't enough that Phillip was back from the dead (a freaking huge development for ANY show -- and for Y&R especially, more than a little uncharacteristic).  No, Phillip is back from the dead AND he's gay.  Frankly, MAB and her team were asking the audience to accept too much.

And he faked his death because he couldn't come out to Jill or Katherine.  Just terrible.....

• Members
54 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I'm bored of hearing "it's a love story" when same-sex relationships pop up. Viewers don't see it that way. They see a gay story. It doesn't matter what you call it. 

Say what you will about the writing for Bianca on AMC - I'd say it was a lot of [!@#$%^&*] - but Agnes Nixon took time to have her come out and make viewers care about her. ATWT did the same with Luke. That meant when they did have relationships, viewers were more supportive. 

Y&R has always had an extremely conservative fan base (which I'd think she would have known given her history with the show) but even if they didn't, there would be a backlash about two women being involved. Many would see it as a stunt, on top of the people who object due to homophobia. 

You can say love is love and it's not about gender as many times as you want when you're on your Twitter or Facebook or whatever. When you're a writer, it doesn't work that way. 

Y&R did take the time to make sure viewers cared about Mariah and her happiness. What do you think all that Mariah is good and deserves Hilary's life  narrative was all about. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

25 years "in da biz" and most of it was boring trash. She wrote ATWT terribly for half a decade.

Shhhh. Respect her 25 years in da biz experience!!! She's got that modern juice pink champagne talent!

Archived