• Members

Because that is the show's fan base. That's the show she's writing for. If she was writing a web series or if she managed to get her own show again then she could tell that story. Y&R viewers aren't going to be very likely to just casually accept a rushed story of a woman they don't know and a woman they only care about because she looks like a dead girl they loved locking lips. There would have to be buildup and time given to invest in the characters and what they are feeling and who they are. Then a romance could have happened. That would make more sense to me with Mariah than all the stuff she did with Hillary. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The "I don't see gender" or "I don't see race" attitude is not helpful nor progressive. Love is love sure, but marginalized identities and communities need to be seen for who they are? Erasing the fact that people or black or how they might identify is erasing who they are. When people say they don't see race it means they want white people to be comfortable. Just like saying well we don't want to call them gay or lesbian or even bisexual or sexually fluid they think makes heterosexuals or homophobes more comfortable. It's an attempt to completely erase what it means to be a bisexual or lesbian or sexually fluid woman. 

• Members

I feel like those were a legitimate effort to rehabilitate Victor as a character after the heinous acts other, former HW's had him commit.  But, again, you can't have Victor suddenly be sweet to Nikki and everyone else and hope that will be enough for the audience.  If you want(ed) Victor to redeem himself, then you really have to put him through his paces, so to speak, to get him there.  IMO, either Sally didn't want to do the work, or she was blocked from doing so by the network and SONY, or she just didn't know how.

• Members

No it's not. It's not erasing anything, that's ridiculous. You believe what you want to believe lol. I could care less about making anyone comfortable.

We as a society SHOULDN'T GIVE A [!@#$%^&*] who is with who. Whether it's an interacial relationship or two men or two women. Why do we even care? That's progressive. Not boxing people into labels because it makes us feel better.

• Members

I don't want to start posting articles, but yeah it is. Are you black? How are you going to try to explain to a black person why we find comments like "I don't see race or color" problematic? 

Let's not get into this here....

• Members

Given how much Logan loves the show, and wants it to succeed, I think that if she'd spoken with him he would have likely worked out an interview where she could have given basic ideas while talking about her struggle getting back in. She has a long history with the show, lots they could have talked about. She could have said that her main ideas were still being worked out.

She just lost her brother so I can't blame her for not thinking about doing this, but I think it would have been the better approach. But I don't really think that interview was some huge blunder anyway - I think she lost favor with fans because she just got caught in the same grind that all the soap writers are in now, so I'm not sure why she brought it up. 

• Members

But why is it problematic? It's not erasing who you are as a person. But yeah I don't need to get into this with you. Clearly it's a sore subject. My comments had nothing to do about someone's race, not sure why you needed to turn it into that.

Archived