Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched today's full show. This sex trafficking story just gets worse and worse. Are we supposed to think Tessa is brave for standing up to that pimp? Cause that's not what I felt. 

Noah gets even less POV than Devon. That's saying something. I mean, he walks in a scenes and listens to Mariah worry about Tessa then gone. Enters a scene, kisses Tessa so Mariah can look sour, then he's gone. It's all so microwaved yet still manages to be slow and uninteresting cause nothing is happening. I'll say it again, I love CFs voice and think she's very pretty, but she is not ready for this type of story focus. 

Those scenes with Jordan, Lily, and the twins were so heavy handed. And what was that with Neil throwing Lily and Jordan in Cane's face. I wonder if that was intended or just how KSJ played it. It seemed disconnected from the other scenes Neil had where he supported Cane. 

• Members

I so hate that Jordan dumped Hilary and not Hilary dumping him. She was already married to a sanctimonious man previously and her being so desperate for another boring sanctimonious man was terrible. If they're going to give her another relationship please god make it someone like her, make them a partner in crime instead of someone constantly judging her and wanting her to change.

• Members

I agree with @Soapsuds in why recast Noah for the 100th time when they still commit or write for him? 

Plus, I think Robert Adamson is a good actor when he's given material. He was great on Lincoln Heights. Give Noah material instead of making him Nick 2.0. 

I've always felt Y&R dropped the ball by not having Noah v. Kyle be the new Newman/Abbott rivalry. It would be refreshing to see those 2 go at it personally and professionally instead of watching Jack and Victor be at odds time and time again. 

This show is gonna be a mess the day MTS, PB, and EB leave b/c they refuse to invest in the next generation. 

• Members

This is why they lose interest because Noah=Nick so why have two on screen. Noah should have been the anti Nick. He should have been the son that Victor wanted. Victor chooses him to take over Newman Enterprises with Nick throwing a big ass tantrum.

• Members

I hope so, however, this show needs to always prepare for the worst. 

I feel like that would be Adam again though. Adam was the anti-Nick and started off having him being the son Victor wanted. Sadly, MAB started the trend of making Adam a maniac for shock value. 

I do agree that it would've been OK if he was a bit anti-Nick though. Instead of having him be a "do-gooder" like Nick, which not give him some (a teeny bit) of edge by having him be a lothario? Didn't he want to be a photographer at one point? Why not have him work on Newman campaigns that bedded models? Also, Noah has chemistry with Chelsea from the few times I've seen them interact. Why not have playboy Noah do some work for Chelsea 2.0, which should've remained a subsidiary of Newman Enterprises, and gradually grow close to Chelsea before bedding her? Have the 2 engage in a secret torrid affair for long period of time until Sharon stumbles upon it & tries to stop it, and have it come out to Nick eventually, who wanted to marry Chelsea. 

See how easy it was to give Noah 4-6 month arc in less than 10 mins?

• Members

I know that some think that BJ is not ideal for MM but their onscreen chemistry is undeniable.  Same for SC and JM, despite how JM feels, Nick and Sharon's scenes are always interesting to watch no matter the topic of conversation. Funny how both were juxtaposed today in their scenes.

• Members

True.

Over the past 15 years Y&R has managed to waste Heather, Keemo, Lily, Billy, Scotty, Noah, Mariah, Cassie, Colleen, Adam, Ana, Nate, Daniel, Katie, Mackenzie, Devon, Ronan, Chance, Ricky, Eden, Abby, Fen, Kyle and Summer.

And that's BEFORE the baby boom from a few years ago (Faith, Christian, Johnny, Katie, Connor).

Archived