Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

And didn't Nikki and Hilary have a confrontation a while back and they scripted Hils to say something about Nikki's stripper days?  Ugh.

The scene at the end of an episode about a month ago, with everyone hanging out at The Underground running down Hilary was downright ugly.  But I've bitched about that enough already.

MM has star power and it baffles me why they are only writing Hils as a one dimensional villainess.  I wouldn't mind one bit keeping her as the antagonist, but the writing has to be more rounded to keep the character interesting. 

There was a thread-bare motivation for getting her involved with the Juliet story but there's absolutely no motivation for having her skulking around recording random conversations.  What?  To make GC Buzz/The Hilary Hour successful?  They've already established that it is a nationally syndicated show.  That would be the only remotely plausible explanation for recording Victor/Nick and now Victoria/Ben.  Hell, she and Victor even seemed to get along prior to the benefit, he invited her to film it (exclusive?  I don't remember) which would give her more of a reason NOT to capture the fight. 

They could easily remedy this and have one of her employees at GC Buzz being the one to capture the footage of random "shocking" moments and have then have Hils decide whether or not to broadcast them on-air.  Anything that involves her established rival Lily, she would prolly broadcast the crap out of, but for other footage involving others that she has either no relationship with or borderline congenial, maybe she'd shelve it.  And alert them that something is out there that might come back to bite them.  IDK.  It would at least show us another, more humane side of Hilary.  And to beat a dead horse...she needs a friend! 

+1, particularly the bold

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've concluded that they don't want her as human or relatable. We are supposed to despise her. Maybe the writing will change when Mal Young's stuff starts but I won't hold my breath. I just see more of moving her from character to character as their antagonist. 

• Members

They didn't have much of a relationship at all. 

I can only remember them sharing scenes 3 times.  Once at the Top of the Tower when Vikki, Hilary, and Juliet had scenes with Ashley in the bathroom. Secondly, when Hilary interviewed Vikki, Nikki, and victor at the ranch before the concert. Then lastly on the red carpet for the concert. 

• Members

Oh, hell yeah!

The best you gone get is Hillary shot as a Friday cliffhanger only to find out Monday, Victoria was standing next to her and was the person actually shot.  We have to get everything back to Victoria!  I've reconciled myself with this and have not watched in over a month! 

• Members

That was another long hour of "look what a bitch Hilary is" TV.  Ugh. 

Oh and look, Nickie-poo and Chelsea-poo having another talk about if they rushed things by moving in together.  Swoon.

Sharon chasing down random hookers she found at the GCPD.  How thrilling!!

Please register in order to view this content

Archived