Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey darling! I miss chatting with you more than I miss the show. 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm really sick of the writing for Hilary. Just when I think they may turn a corner with her, the next week it's like nothing happened and they write the same crap. I'm tired of it. 

Chelsea and Nick are just not good. And making Victor their villain won't help their chemistry. It's a waste. 

Dina is charming. But they've played the "what ails Dina" story too long so now it's flat. 

And it's obvious they don't know what to do with Cane now that they've given us the pay off.  I can see that he's being turned away by everyone. Is that going to make him desperate enough to do something really heinous? Or is he just in limbo so the show can finally play  "the black triangle" with Lily vs Hilary that they've been salivating to play for years now IMO?

And I maintain that Jordan isn't worth lily or Hilary fighting over. 

Villy vs Philly has got to be the most boring triangle ever. You'd think Sally would have made it semi exciting being that she likes to claim phick as the crowning glory of her daytime career. The Phyllis that we've known do long has just disappeared.  And the story setup doesn't make sense. I mean, we've got Hilary exposing Vikki slept with The Hoch. Isn't that something that should be used by Phyllis to drive Villy apart? 

• Members

I do think the actor who plays Graham has some 'silver fox' charm but other than that, it's like the casting director called the agents saying "I want you to send me your blandest, most generic actors. Ones who appear in DulcoLax commercials. You know the ones."

• Members

Eileen Davidson. we feel your pain.  It's funny that the media has covered the negative reaction to Tessa and Mariah which has turned out to be a bright spot in Sally's reign of error and boredom.  Ash and Ravi scenes and the kiss, OMG, just awful.  He may be a fine actor in a different role but the EWWW factor was off the charts with them.  And on the same day they had that ridiculous flashback with young fey John Abbot and teen Ash sitting on his hairy lap. Double EWWW.  This is where I hold Mal accountable for not putting his foot down.  Those flashbacks are dumb anyway, poorly directed.  They plop LA models in the current sets and give them wooden dialog and we are supposed to believe it's a memory.  Hey production team: go to youtube and watch snippets of Edge of Night when April went back to her family home to confront the memories.  

• Members

There is so much wrong with the show, it's only worth pointing repeatedly to Marla Adams. She just does it. It's still a shame that SSM's hatred of strong women that even a savvy business executive like Dina relies on a man - especially an unqualified one - to 'help' her.

I was truly surprised at how naturally she worked with JT. I enjoyed the Billy/Dina conversation- two flawed outsiders who actually have a huge impact on the 'insiders.' Jill should be back for this and Cane. JW would be killing it as usual. 

On a side note, I'm glad they 'tested' Neil with both Ashley and Victoria. It won't go anywhere, but, like Sharon, Neil was a character who was destroyed by multiple regimes and this reset feels right. 

• Members

After partial pre-emptions (15 min +) on Thursday and Friday and now full preemption on Monday for eclipse (really?), I realized I didn't even 'miss' the missing sections. Just like CBS broke me of B&B habit in July with two full preemptions back-to-back (OJ and Jared 2-min statement turned into full half hour CBS 'reporter' blabbing), this looks like a good time to step away from Y&R too. If I wanted the so-called news CBS is pushing forth, I can find it on plenty of cable stations and online. If Y&R was good, I'd ride it out, but like B&B, it has declined significantly. CBS clearly doesn't care, so why should I? So back to daily recaps. 

Archived