Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"And I just feel so alone in all of this. AND I JUST FEEL SO ALONE IN ALL OF THIS"

Please register in order to view this content

Here I thought Daniel Goddard was going to have the most mediocre performance of the day but Ms Heinle definitely came to win.  She is absolutely wretched

Charlie is already okay with Reed and Maddie dating? 3 week Sally strikes again  The scenes with Juliet were interesting though

Lauren and Phyllis recaping the lackluster Fenmore's drama just makes me happier to be rid of this writer. That story had such potential and she completely botched it

I'm glad Lily kicked Cane out

I don't care about the human traficking story and I hate how they write every detail like its a bad educational PSA. Just tell the story and keep it suspenseful

• Members

What atrocious acting today. 

Listen, when I saw Doug's tweet about JT and AH I thought it was bitter, over the line and unprofessional. 

But then I saw today's show and the awful performances from Heinle and Goddard and I can't imagine what it must feel like to be TEB or CLB or ED (who hasn't gotten a thing from this Dina story we can all admit) or KSJ or JW and be sitting on the backburner getting nothing material and watching those performances. It's almost insulting. They were dreadful (and CK wasn't that much better but at least she didn't embarrass herself).

On another note, I honestly hope Mal scraps this traficking story completely. Who the hell is Crystal? Who is Zach? Why do I care about her or that he might be involved? Sharon Case absolutely deserves a fronburner story but I'd prefer it not be this. It's already a boring mess. 

• Members

The trafficking story is Mal's baby! It's got UK soap written all over it. He's never going to drop it.

Sally's newbies may be dreadful, but what about Mal's? Tessa is the same worn out rockstar type that Mal loves (Scott, Reed), so I bet she's Mal's creation. Zach, same. It is apparent that KA and SSM had different plans for Abby (her being caught in the Newman/Abbott crossfire). Mal wanted Abby in her bikini playing dumb blonde to Zach.

As for AH and JT, yeah I am fed up with them. However, it often happens that the show focuses heavily on 30-40 year old couples. It happened with Nick, Sharon and Phyllis. It happened with Cricket/Paul/Isabella. They ate up the show. I wish the actors would complain every single time a couple is propped, but that's not the case.

• Members

I'm happy as hell that the Cane story has finally exploded, albeit anticlimactically. We need at least one or two faster paced stories going on to a least get a rhythmic momentum going. Everything happens so slowly that you might miss it and not realize it. 

On another note, it was great to see Mattie and not have her mention studying, piss poor acting and all.

• Members

@ajsp35801 Mmm-Hmm

I'm wondering with the acceleration happening this week, if it's to flush out all the pre-Mal stuff. You know, they were planning the latest regime change for awhile after the steep ratings drop on CBS and POP. 

Even Hilary on Tuesday (US) was positioned far differently during her speech (preach) to Jordan. It was spot-on - everything good and strong about Hilary. No apologies for her drive, initiative and focus. And definitely didn't sound like SSM's typical thirsty female victim in need of man. 

Archived