Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Everything is Hilary's fault. Her keeping that video hidden will be the catalyst for everything that has happened, including Juliet's pregnancy as if she put Cane's penis in the woman herself. 

I don't think SSM hates Hilary. She just sees her as an expendable nothing/nobody of a character whose ONLY purpose on the show is to be used to build up struggling characters or characters they care more about. Next up on deck: Vikki. 

You're right about this being a set up for Jordan and lily getting together but please don't do some partner swap. I do not want hilary with Cane. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's so obvious. But with so very little character  development for Reed and Mattie and without two popular/polarizing capable actresses* to play the mothers, it just doesn't resonate. 

* I know some folks aren't fond of MS but she made Phyllis entertaining.  Dru vs Phyllis was entertaining on levels that Billy vs Cane nor Lily vs Vikki will never be. 

• Members

Really? I just don't feel it. With lily and Daniel, they'd both had things happen to them in the past and current that made me really care about their happiness. I wanted it for them cause they'd struggled. Reed and Mattie are missing that element. They're really cute but I'm not invested like i was with lily and Daniel. I care because of who they are related to. Not because the show gave me a real reason to. 

• Members

Their 2 different stories. I'm not going to lie I loved Daniel and Lily too and I mean I hated they were torn apart. I just love Reed and Mattie too and I feel it is 1 of the stories written better than some of the adult s/l/s. It can be perfected. I just feel they have a lot of potential. They seem better than some adult stories which should be telling.

• Members

I don't see the resemble of Daniel & Lily story with Mattie & Reed. All stories have our parents doesn't like each other. Now if they decide to have them run away then Cane & Vikki bang along the way. Then I'll say it's a repeat.

Because CKLily came off needy & weak. Mattie is different.

Archived