Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got it. It was very very long. Really detailed survey. I was not kind about a lot of characters or stories. 

It gave you a long list of the characters and asked if they added to your enjoyment, detracted from your enjoyment or had no affect on your enjoyment. 

It had a longgggg list of couples and asked how you felt about them (it was interesting that some people like Phyllis, Jack and Nick had multiple pairing options where Victoria and Chelsea only had one)

It asked a lot of questions about whether you want to see more religious stories or religion more on the show

Asked a very generic question about LGBTQ and if that was a story you wanted to say (other options were police drama/big families, and something else)

They asked if you wanted to see more supernatural stories, what age group you enjoyed watching the most, what character you would most like to see return, what couples you want to see together, etc.

If I can think of anything else I will add. Someone posted some of their questions on Twitter (the pics below are NOT my answers, they are someone else's that was posted on Twitter but they let you know some of the things asked)

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Supernatural stories? Is Sony trying to take a leaf out of Days book?? I can't think of a genre that suits Y&R less!

Thanks for sharing that @Vizion. Any characters you indicated you enjoyed? And even with its long length, did you feel this survey was asking a lot of the wrong questions?

• Members

Yeah that question was weird. My answer was hell no. 

Sure. I told them I enjoyed Hilary, Devon, Phyllis, Lauren, Michael, Jill, Dina, Ashley, Sharon, Jack, and Mariah but I did expand quite a bit on the issues that I have with the writing for those characters. 

I actually felt that the survey asked a lot of good questions and there was a lot of opportunity to elaborate and really explain why you answered the way you did which I appreciated.  I suspect the primary purpose of the survey was to get people's opinions on Tessa and Mariah (even though they were not a part of the couples section for whatever reason - Kevin/Mariah and Noah/Tessa were). These were the couples they asked about..

Sharon/Scott
Sharon/Nick
Phyllis/Nick
Mariah/Kevin
Kevin/Chloe
Noah/Tessa
Lily/Cane
Hilary/Devon
Chelsea/Nick
Jack/Nikki
Ravi/Ashley
Victoria/Billy
Phyllis/Billy
Phyllis/Jack
Gloria/Jack
Lauren/Michael

Reed/Mattie

The characters that weren't mentioned at all? Dina, Graham, Juliet, Zach, Crystal, and Charlie.  Poor Neil, he did not have one "couple" option smh. 

They asked a question about the sets (I politely told them to burn The Underground, to give Ashley her lab back and get rid of Brash & Sassy, that I didn't want to see GC Buzz again and that it makes no sense that only one office exists in Newman and Jabot)

They also asked if I felt the show was too diverse (wtf), if I wanted to see a LGBT story, if I want to see stories about religion or if I was religious, if I missed Kevin, if I liked when older characters returned to the show, if i have watched/more or less recently and why, whats my favorite character/couple/story and why

• Members

I got the survey too. @Vizion did a great job explaining what it was about. I also suspect the major reason for it was to guage feelings on the LGBT characters and inclusion.

They wanted to know how often we watched and if we changed viewing recently and why? Screams them trying to figure out if they are losing viewers over that story. 

Also Jordan/Hilary were included in the couples' section, which I thought was odd since neither Lily/Jordan, Mariah/Tessa, nor Devon/Mariah were listed. Yet gloria/Jack and Nikki/Jack were.  

I also laughed at how the types of stories were listed. I found myself wondering whose story they were describing. "a man starting out tricking a woman but ends up falling for her" (paraphrase). Who is that? Abby and Zack?

What religious stories are they looking to tell? 

• Members

I got it too! Yay! What do you all think? Jill is my fave character. and I ranked Billy and Phyllis the lowest of all couples. I cannot stand Phyllis with Billy. Giina T is our best option for Phyliss but Jason T is the worst. Please GH trade us

Archived