Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

Yes they recast a couple who won Emmy's just cause they wanted too. They should recast Victoria. It needs to happen.

She wasn't great when she 1st came on but she wasn't this bad.

The character needs to cast properly with somebody new.

• Members

@YRestlessfan The real problem has been the writing and direction for both Victoria and Ben. They've try to make Ben some unsophisticated dolt - despite his background- the snoring, bad dancing, the Aunt Jack cave-in, RAsh both dumping on him because he took a couple of calls during dinner with Ashley in NY. Oh the horror! What's Ravi gonna say when learns of Abby's origins? 

For AH she did her best work this summer as the strong executive. She also looked like a polished sophisticated cosmetics executive - perfect styling and clothes. BM is only romantic pairing I've ever bought with her and now I can see why she was unhappy with his leaving. 

• Members

No i love Gina as Phyllis she won the emmy for amazing reel. Gina isnt going anywhere unless she exits. No to Robin Christopher. I dont get why people think mimicking Michelle Stafford would have been successful. Gina took her own spin it just sucks Sally gave her nothing after winning an emmy. Mal and Angelica have raved about Gina. U dont recast a successful recast.  Rebecca would be awesome as Victoria. She also would infuse her with bitchiness and sass. Plus Rebecca is 44 perfect age.

• Members

Gina is a really good actress and was rewarded with an Emmy.  That does not make her Phyllis.  And Gawd no!  No one needs anyone mimicking limited Stafford.  We just needs someone age appropriate to capture the essence of Phyllis (at least a little) and Gina is not that person.  Don't give 2 chits about her chem with Jason as notBilly!!!!!  Robin would bring the right kind of wicked and not come off as spoiled princess, Dinah Marler.  

• Members

Gina isnt that much younger then MS. MS is 52 and Gina almost 44. She is Phyllis to me and has sizzling chemistry with JT. JT has nothing with Amelia its horrific. Gina just wasnt rewarded with 1 emmy she has 3 emmys and has been nominated 5 times. She was nominated in 2015 for Phyllis. I dont see Robin as Phyllis. I actually didnt care for Skye for OLTL found her totally one note. I remember the Blair and Skye catfights over Max they were dreadful. The only way i see Gina exiting YR is if she leaves. I mean she us bi coastal and her husband lives in NJ. 

• Members

I just don't think anyone would thrive in the role of Phyllis in the passive way she's currently written. They could hire Robin Christopher or Jamie Luner or bring back Stafford and she'd still be a flop.

JT, as many others have said, comes across as too put-together to play a wild child like Billy. I think JFP just figured he played a ladies' man on GH and though that would translate to Billy, but Patrick was a very different character.

Archived