Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can you feel the rewrite in this story? They are changing the narrative for Tessa. She now cares about Newman status and money. She didn't before. Now Mariah is talking about the good life with Devon and coming across as caring more for what he can do for her than him. Prior, she didn't care about that stuff other than to throw it in Hilary face.  I'm curious as to what the new story is now for Tessa and Mariah. 

• Members

Cane confesses to Juliet that he set her up, got kicked out by Lily and 'borrowed' money from his childrens' education fund to pay a blackmailer.

Juliet: This child is lucky to have you as a father.

WTH? Who wrote that response? How could any sane expectant mother possibly respond in that manner? Beyond bizarre. 

And Mariah, who is making decent money and living at home, doesn't even have a credit card (or isn't on the very generous Devon's account)?  Not buying it.

Aunt Jack did exactly what the 'real' Phyllis would have done aka the flowers. Ugh!

Major good thing: Jack and Hilary - from him being supportive about the commercial to gossiping away about Vicky/Ben. I noted last week that Jack/Hilary was a huge omission after the Victor/Nick video. We need more - their scenes are so natural and it's a healthy friendship for both characters. 

• Members

I agree with you. I felt the change when Noah forgot his press passes at the music festival and Tessa used the Newman power and money to get them in. 

Well, Mal has been there for a good while, so the bad falls on him, too. The trope that "The negatives are all Sally's fault and Mal will save us" are ridiculous.

Yep. That Cane/Juliet conversation had me screaming at the set.  Juliet should've been too angry to speak at all when Cane confessed-- let alone to give her psycho response "This child is lucky to have you as a father." And why the hell did Cane confess to her in the first place?

Mariah and Tessa digging in their purses for loose dollar bills at the AC pool??? Who wrote that crap??? BOTH of them should have credit cards. Instead the writers went for the 1965 version. UGH.

• Members

Yeah the rewrites are fast and furious. We finally 'learned' Tessa is connected to sexring - no surprise since Crystal said woman in charge. Zach is next to fall. 

Tessa suddenly being a gold digger after months of supporting Nikki is a 180, but like Scott who knows what's the real deal. 

Tessa will be shipped off to jail or disappear and Cassiah will be heartbroken. Tessa fooling the 'real' Mariah would've never happened considering her upbringing and shady history. 

Archived