Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think GT could play the hell out of a more take-charge Phyllis, as could RC. I just think GT is being wasted right now and not being allowed to show what she can do. Many actors on the show could say the same, of course, outside of AH, who is given tons to play and is failing miserably.

• Members

This is the truth.

Actually as most know GT was supposed to play Victoria Newman it was announced and then they retracted for some reason only a few years later to be a Phyllis recast.

I agree with this.....

It's way too far. She shouldn't be at Jabot. Would John approve? I don't think so.

• Members

The real story is Gina name was thrown in ring for Victoria when HT left in 2003 but CBS decided to wait on recasting Victoria until 2005. Barbara Bloom then offered Gina Dinah on GL. After GL wrapped in 2009 Gina met with Maria Bell for a role on YR which was new but she decided to go back to OLTL. Gina married her hubby and wanted to stay on the east coast. Gina also was originally offered Sandy on B&B which went to Sarah Brown that was a dud role. Interesting how Gina fate at YR struck with Phyllis. Gina has had three successful stints on daytime. Only miss for her was Kelly 2010 return. For whatever reason it didnt work. The writing was terrible and Gina after playing Dinah looked bored playing Kelly. Gina even admits the second run of Kelly didnt work. 

• Members

The 60+ ladies got the best writing today and were all on-point.

Nikki/Dina not holding back at all. Dump the spoiled SSM reason for Dina's condition ASAP. The show truly needs a straightshooting matriarch again. 

Dina setting Jack straight: "I'm your mother everywhere!'

The Worm: 'Can this day get any worse?' after Nikki walked in.

The weird: Jack complaining about Dina driving him crazy after a couple of hours (prior to Nikki/Dina face-off). 

The very bad: Scott whining, Nelsea shower, Ravi boogie board.

• Members

It is getting bad with the sets. The roof/pool bar, Athletic Club, Jack's office, Victor's office is where everything takes place at Newman, The Underground dump ... At least unlike they DOOL they haven't resorted to reusing the same blue room for everything lol. Or trying to pass off the police station set as the Prague police station set ... There's still a bit more variety in sets on Y&R but I've noticed the same ones being used more and more.

Archived