Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agree.  it might have been long, but I never felt like they were missing the beats. Right now I don't mind that the only character I feel invested in is Sharon. It's a test for the reset Sharon. However, the stakes are pretty low now and maybe it will be higher soon.

• Members

No problem 

I feel like every female character the show thinks needs a win or a story boost  gets to rival and talk down to hilary. They've played the same story/beat with hilary and several characters for over a year now. First, Ashley. Then Mariah. Over the last 3 months we've had Tessa thrown in for good measure. Cane. Nick. Now Vikki. It's overkill. 

• Members

Don't forget Sharon and the Dylan mess.

It's total overkill. I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish. I cringed so badly seeing her recording Victoria and Ben. I kind of didn't mind her and Howard behind the car capturing Victor/Nick but it's enough.

And I don't really like how she's sort of ... bitchy towards anyone who tries to talk to her. She just comes off as fake and like she can't be bothered by anyone. Maybe it's how Mishael plays it but none of this is working for me. Mishael is great and Hilary has SO much potential so it's really frustrating.

• Members

I had completely forgotten about Sharon and Dylan drama. 

I think Mishael is giving them exactly what they want from her. When Hilary is written to be concerned, Mishael plays that. She's rarely written to be sincere. We know this because a scene later or the following week, Hilary does or says the complete opposite of whatever she said previously. You aren't supposed to trust her. You aren't supposed to like her. You're supposed to root for whatever character they put up against her.

I don't mind her being bitchy when almost every scene she has is someone calling her evil, nasty, disgusting, etc to her face. If it weren't for Mishael's line delivery, the [!@#$%^&*] on Hilary routine would look even worse than does. 

If this isn't some who shot Hilary story with the entire canvas  as suspects then the writing is even more assinine and heavy handed than it appears to be. 

Archived